Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide on a TD setup 404 ls2

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me decide on a TD setup 404 ls2

I have a 404 ls2 w/ big cam and Im ready for a new exhaust.

I currently have slp dual/dual w/ e-cutout and i love being able to switch from loud to quiet but I think it's time for something new.

I love how this car sounds but its a c6 exhaust and I can't think of a way to replicate it. I absolutely love how it sounds when he gets on it around 1:35.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/cammed-c6-unknown-exhaust-setup_137169.htm
Im fine with just dumping before the axles. Anyone have any ideas to get this type of effect?
Old 01-22-2014, 07:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you could run c6 mufflers after x pipe, then cutouts and run exhaust over the axle and out the back.

This way you could run car with dumped exhaust on command.

Only other variable left that could make the exhaust note different in this set up is angles of pipe bends in fbody vs a vette.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:43 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

The Corsa Sport exhaust is why it sounds like that. Even the Corsa on the F-Body sounds different than that.

I'm not sure how you could replicate it. I don't believe Corsa just sells their mufflers. And I don't know of many knock-offs that sound like it.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Vette's tend to have a little more exotic note to them for some reason don't they? I dumped my SLP loudmouth on my first f-body as soon as I got the chance. I'm currently just running an open y-pipe, but will probably bolt my Corsa back on.

I loved my 4" Mufflex with a Magnaflow chambered muffler. That got pretty close to that sound you are looking for. Tight fit over the rear axle, but it was a solid setup. Traded it for some Lane's TD's and they weren't bad when they were all the way out the back.

Here is the TD's with a 244/248 cam on a 115.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/true-dual-exhaust-over-the-axle-244248-cam_67039.htm

Quick Reply: Help me decide on a TD setup 404 ls2