Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trap door mod with a twist

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Burken01
Get a screwdriver and push the plastic piece through the grommet and into the tank.. It has a lip on the other side so it won't come out the way you wanted it to

Fish it out after you remove the sending unit, or leave it in it won't hurt floating in there.. It'll never get through the filter to hurt anything
I'm actually just keeping the whole bucket in there and just messing with EVAP stuff for this job, that's why I didn't want to have to screw around with the pump lol.

I was really tempted to push it in but wasn't sure what I was getting into. You're sure it's harmless? I'll probably just do that.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fruitsalad

I'm actually just keeping the whole bucket in there and just messing with EVAP stuff for this job, that's why I didn't want to have to screw around with the pump lol.

I was really tempted to push it in but wasn't sure what I was getting into. You're sure it's harmless? I'll probably just do that.
Well you still need a new one, which will pop right in..

When I did my fuel pumps awhile ago there was some black plastic pieces floating in my tank.. Probably when the original owner did the trap door mod and fiddled around..

But there's a filter sock over the pump inlet, and a plastic piece that big could never get through..

Only thing that could get through would be something fine like dirt specs or sugar if you have enemies!! Lol

Just whenever you upgrade the fuel system (if) then fish it out then..
Old 02-08-2014, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

See the filter socks, it would have to get through that mesh!
Attached Thumbnails Trap door mod with a twist-image-2161048006.jpg  
Old 02-08-2014, 01:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. I have the new one lol. Thanks for the pictures!

Quick Reply: Trap door mod with a twist