Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which exhaust for Firehawk?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I installed the SLP loudmouth today and I have to say that I like it alot more than I thought I would. Its not too loud either with the stock y pipe and manifolds. It looks like there is more than enough room to install a couple single chamber flowmasters right before the tips... i may just do that!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snap-On
Well I installed the SLP loudmouth today and I have to say that I like it alot more than I thought I would. Its not too loud either with the stock y pipe and manifolds. It looks like there is more than enough room to install a couple single chamber flowmasters right before the tips... i may just do that!
If you want to add additional mufflers before the tips, SLP makes the PowerFlo conversion kit for Loudmouth cat backs... Which adds their PowerFlo mufflers just before the tips.

http://www.mtiracing.com/exhaust-kit...loud-mout.html

They are stainless, will sound better, flow better, and fit better... Than Flowmaster 10-series single chamber.

This would be the end result:

Last edited by Wheelman916; 06-17-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wheelman916
If you want to add additional mufflers before the tips, SLP makes the PowerFlo conversion kit for Loudmouth cat backs... Which adds their PowerFlo mufflers just before the tips.

http://www.mtiracing.com/exhaust-kit...loud-mout.html

They are stainless, will sound better, flow better, and fit better... Than Flowmaster 10-series single chamber.

This would be the end result:

Wow I am pretty impressed by those! Thanks for posting that up. Would much rather have these than the flowmasters. I actually just realized that I have the Loudmouth 2 exhaust, not the LM1. I absolutley love how it sounds, but the drone at 2k rpm is a little worse than when I had the exhaust dumped after the axle with no muffler, so mufflers behind the tips should help tremendously. Thanks for all the info guys!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad you like it. Both loudmouths aren't as loud as a lot of people think if you have stock headers/cats and don't plan on making that switch, when going under 80 in a m6. You also could search "magnamouth", "borlamouth", etc to see what it would sound like if you replaced the motor.

I wonder how it looks with the mufflers at the back. I'm not a fan of visible mufflers, but the T/A bumper could hide those well.

Quick Reply: Which exhaust for Firehawk?