Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 grand and i still dont have it right! i need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 grand and i still dont have it right! i need help

i have pacesetter headers,Y-Pipes, catalitic, then to over the axle i have a magnaflow that is making my car sound stock as hell. so my question you yall is, what muffler can i stick under the *** end of my car to give me the deep sound and crusing sound also? if your wondering how i got 2 k in all this, i had SLP loud mouth, bought the headers then y's then cat. after that i was told the slp wont work so i bought this magnaGAYflow, some kinda BLACK CHROME + installation on all of this. so i have had a bad expiernce with all this so please list a good muffler that will replace the magnaflow and give me the great sound at idle and just crusing normal.

Skeeter
Old 05-19-2004, 09:58 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my magnaflow setup certainly didnt sound stock at all (clip in sig). who told you that the LM wouldnt work LM will work but w/o cats it'll sound like *** unless you like rasp and drone. i'd keep the magnaflow and run a cutout. or if you really just want to dump the magnaflow then pick up the TSP rumbler. i spent about 900 for my whole jet hot, custom catted Y, and magnaflow setup. installed myself. you got ripped if you spend 2k so far, LM is only like 350 bucks in itself.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

whats TSP and how do i get to their web? i wonder if a borla wound sound nice, i think flowmaster would be the cheap way out.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Banned

TSP = Texas Speed & Performance...once of the sponsers to the right. Stay away from flowmaster unless you really want it. Magnaflows are deep, definately not stock-like, but possibly the quietest aftermarket catback. Maybe you have a difference frame of reference, but Magnaflows usually sound pretty refined. Regardless I would read the exhaust review thread and the other thread for some more options.