Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 1 7/8 Headers No AIR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP 1 7/8 Headers No AIR?

So I recently just got some TSP 1 7/8 headers and was excited that I was about to be putting them on. I totally didn't even look to see if they had AIR hookups or not. Out here in Utah they are stupid when it comes to emissions and I'm pretty sure I'll fail without the AIR connected. Is it possible to get somebody to weld in something for them - or is it pretty much just a lost cause?

I've heard conflicting stories about if I just delete the code for the AIR, the emissions place will still be able to tell it was supposed to have it but is not there and fail it.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes if you become really good friends with the people that inspect your vehicles they seem to over look some things for a beer or two. I would say put them on delete it out of the computer and make everything look nice and neat and become friends with someone that does inspections. But if it comes down to it and all they want to do is see it on there then weld a piece on for look hook it up and delete it. As long as there is no check engine light on I don't know that they can tell any difference
Old 09-19-2014, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how are the laws in UTAH? , I know in Colorado if you do emissions you don't have to go back for another 3-4 years. That way you could get emissions done before hand.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:09 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here in PA, you can get away without the AIR and EGR if you have a clean install and no codes. They'll just check the gas cap and ensure no codes. They might look underneath to see if it has cats, but that's solely up to the tech.

If you are confident that most of the emissions techs are ignorant to these type of vehicles, just remove the PCV/AIR routing sticker from the driver strut tower so that they'd actually have to look it up. Chances are, they'll be too lazy to invest that much time.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 02M6Z28
So I recently just got some TSP 1 7/8 headers and was excited that I was about to be putting them on. I totally didn't even look to see if they had AIR hookups or not. Out here in Utah they are stupid when it comes to emissions and I'm pretty sure I'll fail without the AIR connected. Is it possible to get somebody to weld in something for them - or is it pretty much just a lost cause?

I've heard conflicting stories about if I just delete the code for the AIR, the emissions place will still be able to tell it was supposed to have it but is not there and fail it.

LOL! I did the same thing yesterday! I didn't even think about the air hookup and here in Indiana, while there's no visual inspection the test computer will check to see if all sensors are in the "ready" state or you'll be rejected. Don't know if tuning it out will work or not.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:02 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Kooks will sell you just the emission fittings and you can get them welded on. It's easy.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Kooks will sell you just the emission fittings and you can get them welded on. It's easy.
Gonna look into them, Thanks

Quick Reply: TSP 1 7/8 Headers No AIR?