Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drilling vents into exhaust

Old 09-22-2014, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol infinity!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:33 AM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm speech less not because of the way it sounds because I thought this was a joke the ducking time. You might as well cut off the muffler ur exhausted gasses are basically all going of that hole I say 80 escaping and 20 actual going into the muffler
Old 09-23-2014, 01:02 AM

Like the description says. I haven't noticed any fumes in the cab. I drove the car around all day. I know what fumes smell like because my 97 had leaks. Insulation is great on this car. also, the cutout is WAY in the back.

Also, you guys are prolly gunna call BS on this but my car had a truetrac when I got it so it was quite hard to burn rubber on a launch with my stock gearing, though my tires are in great shape. after the cut, if I throttle it slightly too hard, the car damn near goes sideways. seems the low end torque has improved a bit.

Originally Posted by davidadavila
lol infinity!!!!!!!!!!
yes, infinity is the current top speed of my Z... infinity times nine thousand
Old 09-23-2014, 01:08 AM
RTM

nice.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:19 AM

Thank you. Now to drag this topic on into infinity until this forum bans me for life. I wonder what sort of a mesh screen I can wrap around this to make it more EPA friendly. I'm sure anything would be less restrictive than the stock muffler. I'm gonna check home depot to see if they have a metal screen. If I need to go on long trips this would prolly stifle some of the rumble, but if I layer it conservatively it shouldn't restrict anything. The whole point was to open the inlet pipe with a 3 inch hole in order to let it flow freely. My frankensteining isnt done yet
Old 09-23-2014, 01:27 AM
RTM

Originally Posted by medmechanica
Thank you. Now to drag this topic on into infinity until this forum bans me for life. I wonder what sort of a mesh screen I can wrap around this to make it more EPA friendly. I'm sure anything would be less restrictive than the stock muffler. I'm gonna check home depot to see if they have a metal screen. If I need to go on long trips this would prolly stifle some of the rumble, but if I layer it conservatively it shouldn't restrict anything. The whole point was to open the inlet pipe with a 3 inch hole in order to let it flow freely. My frankensteining isnt done yet
I thought you had a $0.00 budget...?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:41 AM

My exhaust budget is 0. Homemade muffler budget is $20. My financial management skill is amazing. I can teach you if you like.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:31 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nissan LS240
if you want to find out what it sounds like, remove the rear 02 sensor, it'll probably sound like this..... I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Retarded
This was the best.

Also, this train wreck is closed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drilling vents into exhaust