Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of problems!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of problems!

When my A/C is off, I get this "metal-to-metal" sound, then when I turn it on, it completely goes away. It also goes away if I turn the heater on. Any idea what this is? I assume its something to do with the compressor....

Also, Im running straight through, true dual exhaust right now, no mufflers at all, and I think my car is definitely slower. Is the straight through setup the problem? The only reason I did it was because when I replaced my fuel pump, I had to cut my muffler off to drop the tank, and the shop I did it at was my buddies muffler shop, and he offered to straight pipe it instead of putting the shitty flowmaster back on.

ALSO, my fuel guage is horribly off. It will say im empty, but ill go fill up, and it will onyl take about 10-11 gallons, then when its full, the guage will be in between 3/4 and full. This started happening right after I did my pump.

Thanx for your time!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like the a/c clutch is goin bad, try removing the belt to the a/c and see if it makes the noise.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone else help me out with the other issues?
Old 05-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Sounds like the compressor has locked up. Pop the hood and with the air on see if the compressor is spinning. Turn it off and see if the compressor stops. If it stops the compressor is bad.

I am one that beleives in backpressure, (Please, no debate on backpressure) but I have not seen an LS1 that needs that much. Put a dynomax bullet muffler in and see if that helps.

Fuel gauge, check the sending unit. Sounds like since you took the tank down, something happened to it.

Hope this helps.
Will