Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if you get rear o2s deleted can you still screw the 02 sensor in the cat area to pass

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if you get rear o2s deleted can you still screw the 02 sensor in the cat area to pass

im worried about the visual for emmissions, ok if i get my rear o2s deleted can i still keep the o2 sensors plugged into the harness and screwed into the y pipe? will i have ses problem? what do people do about the hanging o2 connectors if you get the o2s deleted? thanks guys
Old 05-24-2004, 05:41 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

where are you located? if you have a visual and i assume your running LT's then the rear o2's are the least of your worries. its the moving of the cats thats going to get you. what setup are you running?
Old 05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

windber pa and jethots i have a few friends who basically now do a lick em stick em deal, now i live in somerset county so we dont have emmissions yet, im sure we will soon i dont think the dude will mind the cats not being in stock placement as long as they are there, i dont know if it will pass the sniffer test wil o2 simms though or any other test if i have o2 simms.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes and no. It depends HOW the rear O2 codes are deleted. I am not very knowledgable in the area of computer tuning, but what I had done, was had the "system", if you will, that turns on the SES light deactivated. I only had it deactivated for the rear O2 sensors, not everything. Thats as simple as I can put it. Basically, the rear O2 sensors still work, but you can see the SES light. Now, if you were to scan my PCM right now, I would not know if there would be O2 sensor trouble codes or not. I hope not.