Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues returning 02 SS to Non-Return Fuel System, Just revs to 3000RPMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues returning 02 SS to Non-Return Fuel System, Just revs to 3000RPMS

Ok I thought I knew what the issue was and I am now questioning that.

My Wife wanted a car she could play with and I bought an 02 SS SLP from a friend who was going through a divorce. It has an LQ4 Swap with a Turbo Cam, Viper Spec T56 and Moser 12 Bolt along with BMR Drag Pack and most every other brace (Hints why I assumed it would be a great car for her to start with) so I thought this would be a great platform with room to grow beyond where it started.

After she started driving it and getting used to it I bought a few upgrades for her and started working towards some other changes. The biggest being replacing the Edelbrock/Victor Jr Intake Manifold setup that was more for the car's original FI goal. I sold the setup and got a Fast 90 Ported along with a 90mm TB for the car but this meant I needed to come up with a solution to the Return Fuel System. The other intake came with rails so I sold it as such and bought another set that just sucked... I had a spare set of LS2 rails so I decided to put it back to stock after messing with it for about a month buying parts.

I got everything together with the LS2 rails and the car just kept building fuel pressure, turns out the regulator in the tank was removed. So we got a brand new fuel pump setup and tested it out tonight, car just rev's to 3000 and sits there. The Throttle Cable is not connected as I need to find a bracket as I don't have that either (yay) and the blade was not stuck open nor did the car slowly rev higher.

Now I guess it could be that the new TB is the issue and I just need to work with it but something just seems off so I wanted to see if anyone here could give me a few other idea's or point out something I have missed/done wrong.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Issues returning 02 SS to Non-Return Fuel System, Just revs to 3000RPMS