Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone taken a muffler from a corvette and added to camaro/trans am?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Has anyone taken a muffler from a corvette and added to camaro/trans am?

Well I going to be going back to a Y pipe from true duals. I cant seem to find a exhaust that I would want to live with for awhile.

Has anyone taken a muffler/exhaust from say a c6 z06 and modified it to work with our cars?

Im sure it would work but I want to say the amount of space that a muffler would take up would probably hinder it somewhat. Just curious if someone on here did that.

Thanks Ray
Old 05-28-2015, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No real experience with this , but one would assume it's just a very quiet factory muffler which is most likely better flowing than ls1 Fbody stock muffler.

After reading your comments / thoughts on true duals I know you are bored of your loud exhaust and trust me I changed my set up 3x already.

Here's my thought on topic of quieting down duals for when wanting to leave quietly.

Add cut outs after bullet mufflers and run rest of exhaust into a super quiet dual in dual out muffler and add tips.

price of two cutouts, super quiet muffler (stock Fbody or magnaflow) and extending duals out the back is about same as getting a whole new catback.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
No real experience with this , but one would assume it's just a very quiet factory muffler which is most likely better flowing than ls1 Fbody stock muffler.

After reading your comments / thoughts on true duals I know you are bored of your loud exhaust and trust me I changed my set up 3x already.

Here's my thought on topic of quieting down duals for when wanting to leave quietly.

Add cut outs after bullet mufflers and run rest of exhaust into a super quiet dual in dual out muffler and add tips.

price of two cutouts, super quiet muffler (stock Fbody or magnaflow) and extending duals out the back is about same as getting a whole new catback.
Im honestly just going to get ride of the duals all together. I Dont want to put anymore money into this set up and still be disappointed and it hang to low and scrape.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the SLP Dual/Dual. Flows great and fairly quiet.

Quick Reply: Has anyone taken a muffler from a corvette and added to camaro/trans am?