Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I gonna gain anything?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I gonna gain anything?

Hey everybody. I'm looking to start trying to make my DD 4.8 a little more fun to drive and I've read countless threads for 4.8s and what they respond to and finally came up with a few mods I think should fit my problem just fine. Truck is a 04 ect cab silvy 2wd with the 4.8/4l60 with 3.42s. I run 24s or stock 20s which are heavy along with the smallest v8 option in a big heavy truck I know I know lol. Truck has higher miles so I'm not wanting to put very much strain on the motor since I need reliable power for my daily. I understand this motor isnt a big deal to hop up since it's not the 5.3 or 6.0 but I'm in the process of a lq9/4l80 swap in my 91 rcsb at the moment so I'm on a pretty tight budget. I'm not looking for power on paper just wanting to give all my 5.3 buddy's a run for their money and this is what I've came up with.

3.90 gears-TruTrac later on
LT headers with 3" y pipe
Stock cats for now
3" behind cats to borla pro xs
Cam (Comp 210-218 I think)
Tune
E-fans if they are really worth it
Maybe under drive pulley
Small stall down the road
Not sure about CAI

anyone who has similar setup or who could maybe add or change something's on my list I'm open to ideas. The parts were listed in no particular order but what should be done first. Trying to get as much safe power as I can for under or around $1,000.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Probably have more luck on the Sister truck forum.

Quick Reply: Am I gonna gain anything?