Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker/Pacesetter Headers Ground Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker/Pacesetter Headers Ground Clearance

I know there are about 689,434,921 threads on the pros and cons of these two headers, which ones are better for sound, gains, etc. So I want to start off by saying that that is NOT what I'm asking here! I'm not looking for opinions or dyno results or anything like that.

That being said, my question is which one will give me better ground clearance, the Hooker or Pacesetter 1 3/4" primary longtube headers? This will be on a 4th gen LS1 f-body (99 T/A to be more specific). It's gonna be a weekend driver with *****, not a straight up race car, so I'm not too concerned with minute differences in performance.

I'm also considering buying the TSP 3" y-pipe since it'll fit either headers and appears not to have the crushed areas that the Hooker and Pacesetter y-pipes have (which I assume would be a restriction). Will that y-pipe cause any ground clearance issues?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=samerickson89;18831269]I know there are about 689,434,921 threads on the pros and cons of these two headers, which ones are better for sound, gains, etc. So I want to start off by saying that that is NOT what I'm asking here! I'm not looking for opinions or dyno results or anything like that.

I just put on some 1 7/8 race headers from speed engineering and I was surprised how well they fit and have good clearance with me being lowered as well.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by samerickson89
I know there are about 689,434,921 threads on the pros and cons of these two headers, which ones are better for sound, gains, etc. So I want to start off by saying that that is NOT what I'm asking here! I'm not looking for opinions or dyno results or anything like that. That being said, my question is which one will give me better ground clearance, the Hooker or Pacesetter 1 3/4" primary longtube headers? This will be on a 4th gen LS1 f-body (99 T/A to be more specific). It's gonna be a weekend driver with *****, not a straight up race car, so I'm not too concerned with minute differences in performance. I'm also considering buying the TSP 3" y-pipe since it'll fit either headers and appears not to have the crushed areas that the Hooker and Pacesetter y-pipes have (which I assume would be a restriction). Will that y-pipe cause any ground clearance issues? Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.
I had pacesetter's on my car when I first got it and never once scraped them. I currently run hooker super comps with a mufflex y pipe and that doesn't scrape either and never has. Mind you that's on a stock height car though. If your lowered you may scrape here and there.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 11z71
I had pacesetter's on my car when I first got it and never once scraped them. I currently run hooker super comps with a mufflex y pipe and that doesn't scrape either and never has. Mind you that's on a stock height car though. If your lowered you may scrape here and there.
Nope I'm not lowered so I guess it sounds like I can go either way and be fine. Thanks for the info!

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to notice whether one hangs down lower than the other?
Old 06-07-2015, 04:42 AM
On The Tree

I think they both generally had the same ground clearance but I can't say for sure.

Quick Reply: Hooker/Pacesetter Headers Ground Clearance