Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp Flowpac

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slp Flowpac

anybody got this?
did it make a difference?
Old 06-07-2004, 12:08 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dont waste your ****** money on that. slp is over rated and over priced.

lid (whichever one is cheapest or you like the look of)
filter (k&n will net you no gains, stick with a fram paper filter)
fernco or bakerhose
FTRA
Old 06-07-2004, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrp
dont waste your ****** money on that. slp is over rated and over priced.
So true!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:18 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by Camaro SS 2002
So true!
i bought the slp flowpac when i was , so im speaking from experience :o
Old 06-07-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrp
i bought the slp flowpac when i was , so im speaking from experience :o
I had my car all SLP'd out when I first got it too. That's how those suckers make their money.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Launching!

I dont see why so many people bash SLP. They are practically one of the founding fathers of aftermarket parts for f-bodies. Too expensive! I dont know where you guys buy your SLP parts but they seem like damn good prices to me. You say buy the cheapest air lid.........well SLP is one of, and I think is the cheapest, and about a month or two back rated as #1 air lid in GM High Tech Performance. I dont see why you say he will net no gains were talking an air lid, k&n filter, bellow, and cold air ram. He will net from the lid alone! The rest will help the whole system flow, and with better cool air. We all know that an airlid setup is not a huge place to go looking for power in as the average modder will see 8-10 hp across the board. No disrespect to you veteran members but I think your being a little to hard on SLP. Considering that flow pack goes for about 270-280 bucks, probably cheaper if you find it on auction or something its damn well worth it to knock off that part of your build. You figure another big name brand here..............the $120 whisper lid, the common bellow at $45-50, the whisper or SSRA cold air at either 150 or 200 take your pick, and any high performance k&n, holley, fram air hog filter at 50.................WOW 365 for the cheapest out of those parts and the SLP comes in at the most cost efficient horsepower per dollar at 280 290 tops! I know many other guys run SLP stuff and I have not had a problem with any of the parts, nor have I seen other peoples air lids or cold air intakes have tremendous gains over mine or others. Just my opinion and various facts Thanks. Good Luck whatever you decide to do.
Old 06-07-2004, 02:09 AM
TECH Resident

The flowpac is crap. It will net you good power and all, but you can go a cheaper route.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:05 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by santino04
I dont see why so many people bash SLP. They are practically one of the founding fathers of aftermarket parts for f-bodies. Too expensive! I dont know where you guys buy your SLP parts but they seem like damn good prices to me. You say buy the cheapest air lid.........well SLP is one of, and I think is the cheapest, and about a month or two back rated as #1 air lid in GM High Tech Performance. I dont see why you say he will net no gains were talking an air lid, k&n filter, bellow, and cold air ram. He will net from the lid alone! The rest will help the whole system flow, and with better cool air. We all know that an airlid setup is not a huge place to go looking for power in as the average modder will see 8-10 hp across the board. No disrespect to you veteran members but I think your being a little to hard on SLP. Considering that flow pack goes for about 270-280 bucks, probably cheaper if you find it on auction or something its damn well worth it to knock off that part of your build. You figure another big name brand here..............the $120 whisper lid, the common bellow at $45-50, the whisper or SSRA cold air at either 150 or 200 take your pick, and any high performance k&n, holley, fram air hog filter at 50.................WOW 365 for the cheapest out of those parts and the SLP comes in at the most cost efficient horsepower per dollar at 280 290 tops! I know many other guys run SLP stuff and I have not had a problem with any of the parts, nor have I seen other peoples air lids or cold air intakes have tremendous gains over mine or others. Just my opinion and various facts Thanks. Good Luck whatever you decide to do.
where did i say he will net no gains , i stated the k&n will net him no gain. its been proven that the only benefit of the k&n is it cleaning ability. the GMHTP article just proved that a lid is a lid is a lid. i was mearly giving him a better alternative. get the cheapest lid, sponsors are always having sales on lids, easily can get one for under 100 bucks. spend 5 bucks at kragen/autozone for a fram paper filter and just change it out at regular oil change intervals. you can do the FRA or spend the ~150 on SSRA/FTRA. then spend 13 bucks at lowes/homedepot and get the ferco or baker hose.

lid: ~90
filter: ~5
FTRA ~150
fernco: ~ 10

= ~255

all the same performance at less the cost . slp might of been one of the originals in the ls1 aftermarket but they sure havent changed with the times. the market is full of better or comperable products at less the cost. notice SLP is brought up by 90% of s because they dont know any better.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the austin scoop.Go to austinperformance.com I think thats there link.They have the super sucker.I have the flow pac and did see gains from it.I all so have the SLP ram air HO hood with the baffels cut out so it's a direct ram air.With all the lid and hood and flowpac and the austin scoop changes you can really here my car sucking air big time. People think my car is sc from how much sucking noise it makes.Evry little bit helps.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrp
lid: ~90
filter: ~5
FTRA ~150
fernco: ~ 10

= ~255

WOW JRP you got me on that one, a huge 30 dollar difference. You must really know your stuff. SLP is brought up by newbs........ummmmm no! Its brought up by people looking to make direct replacement performance bolt ons for their cars and still be legal......... WOWWWW HENCE THE NAME SLP Street Legal Performance. Not everyone uses their car at the track or wants its to destroy everything on the road, what so bad about that. Why are they considered new or newbs or whatever the hell you computer geeks call them to the aftermarket just because they dont mod so far and like the ease of hassel free installs. JRP change your signature you use the fu...ing search button. Done with this thread. Thanks, and 2pac sucks!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:53 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

WOW JRP you got me on that one, a huge 30 dollar difference. You must really know your stuff. SLP is brought up by newbs........ummmmm no! Its brought up by people looking to make direct replacement performance bolt ons for their cars and still be legal......... WOWWWW HENCE THE NAME SLP Street Legal Performance. Not everyone uses their car at the track or wants its to destroy everything on the road, what so bad about that. Why are they considered new or newbs or whatever the hell you computer geeks call them to the aftermarket just because they dont mod so far and like the ease of hassel free installs. JRP change your signature you use the fu...ing search button. Done with this thread. Thanks, and 2pac sucks!

at least come up with a valid argument, since your grasping at straws. if there called Street Legal Performance, how come half there **** says "for off road use only"
Old 06-07-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrp
if there called Street Legal Performance, how come half there **** says "for off road use only"
Old 06-07-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

I didn't get the flopac but as far as pieces from the flopac i have their bellows....it is actually flexible unlike the Fernco/Baker hose garbage. Yea it was $40 bucks but I'm satisfied with it.

Ricers/Rednecks mod their cars at home depot.....there is nothing wrong with buying aftermarket parts that are good quality albeit expensive.

And as far as SLP they make some decent products...and some not so good ones as well.
My 2 cents.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
Ricers/Rednecks mod their cars at home depot.....there is nothing wrong with buying aftermarket parts that are good quality albeit expensive.
I agree with that statement 100%, I actually prefer buying the "best" no matter of the cost. Although, 75% of SLP's products are overpriced and UNDERACHIEVE, therefore their products are a waste "of good money." JMO.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$30 is $30. If it's nothing to you, I'll take $30. A lot of people do like to stay away from SLP when they see what else is on the market. When I was a noob I spent time on SLP's boards and I am 99% sure that SLP does not stand for anything specific anymore. Stuff from SLP is no more "legal" than from any other vendor. What makes SLP stuff more hastle free to install than other companies? If you pay attention, JRP is a very knowledgeable member who helps out many people, he just has a thing abuot people searching rather than asking similar questions all the time.

Quick Reply: Slp Flowpac