Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no oil psi

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default no oil psi

so i just swapped my ls1 intake for an ls6, carefully removed the intake and installed the new one. hooked up all the sensors and no oil pressure.

car is running good besides that? not sure what may have happened. searched but didn't find posts with 0 oil Psi. thanks for any help.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you broke the oil pressure sending unit when you swapped out your intake. It's right behind the intake on top of the block. Very easy mistake to make if you don't know to be careful of it. Ask me how I know! Lol!
Old 01-19-2016, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 11z71
Sounds like you broke the oil pressure sending unit when you swapped out your intake. It's right behind the intake on top of the block. Very easy mistake to make if you don't know to be careful of it. Ask me how I know! Lol!
well that was why i took my time, after reading how people have broke theirs in the past. not sure how it would of been broken though, the intake never went that far in to hit it or anything?
Old 01-19-2016, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I busted mine, the brake booster hose had caught it and broke it. I was careful aswell, as a matter of fact, I had the intake off and on 2 times before that with no issues. The other thing too, is the plastic housing around the sensor gets brittle with heat and age, so it won't take much to break it.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:56 PM
Teching In

hmm ok thanks for the insight. now on to the process of trying to replace that.

Quick Reply: no oil psi