Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Sender

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pressure Sender

Well of course I broke the oil pressure sender on my 98 SS while installing a LS6 intake. I ordered p/n 19244504 GM unit (which is what the parts suppliers all say it is), but all the pictures I see of it - it has two pins inside the connector. Mine has three pins.

Looked everywhere on line, and everything points back to this p/n, but I've read that the sensor used in 98 is different.

Has anyone been through this scenario? Does anyone know the right part number?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Default Oil pressure sensor

I've seen 1,2 and 3 pin oil pressure sensors, I wish they would just standardize these things. Best way to make sure you are getting the correct one not the cheapest way is to take your old one to parts store and match it up.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same thing happen. When I swapped my intake, I ordered GM part number 19244501 just in case i broke my stock one during the swap. However, it didnt match the amount of pins of my stock one. I ended up not breaking mine so i just returned the wrong one.

Unfortunately, I cant remember if the new one had 2 or 3 pins. Try using the part number and call your dealer or someone who might carry it online to see if they can check for you.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998SSSLP
Well of course I broke the oil pressure sender on my 98 SS while installing a LS6 intake. I ordered p/n 19244504 GM unit (which is what the parts suppliers all say it is), but all the pictures I see of it - it has two pins inside the connector. Mine has three pins.

Looked everywhere on line, and everything points back to this p/n, but I've read that the sensor used in 98 is different.

Has anyone been through this scenario? Does anyone know the right part number?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Edit: Ok all these truck units have the small threads too, so might not work for the LS unless it has some sort of adapter :end Edit. does this look like yours this unit is for a 99 5.7 truck.. also its the same as the 98 5.7 truck 3 pin here is the direct link to the search
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...+/+switch,4588

You will see beside the units, it will say 1 term or 3 term

These are the type i think you will need if you really need a 3 pin terminal
Also if you have the shorter style see this link http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...+/+switch,4588 it is for a 98 corvette

Edit: Ok i believe these are for the LT1 only the threads look way too small again unless yours has some sort of adapter :end Edit.. 97 5.7 camaro 3 pin terminals http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...+/+switch,4588

These also are the type your probably going to want if you really need a 3 pin terminal..
And here is the 97 corvette first year for LS1 though they have a what looks to be a LT1 unit mixed in there on top.. but all the others look like the 98 http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/c...+/+switch,4588

Oh also if yours is like the corvette unit, you can find them on ebay really cheap
just search 12616646 or 12614969 or 12573107 those are the same as the LQ4 uses too

Well man i totally think you will be able to find the one you need now oh and make sure if you go with a cheap one, to have a good look in the end that goes into the block as sometimes, the cheaper ones dont have the plastic protector on the inside and they leave them bear and sometimes there is metal shavings left in there .. just look closely.. and if you stick anything down in there to try and clean them out be very careful because the diaphragm is very fragile..

Oh and also make sure not to over torque the unit on install.. and if it doesnt come with the sealant on the treads, make sure to use some on there and if you use thread tape, make sure you do not get any of the tape over the end or loose into your oil galley .. hope this helps and peace man

Edit: ok from the research iv done, 19244501 mostly used for diesel engines from way back in late 80s or so up to 2000 or so, it was also used on some early 90s late 80s 4 and 6 cylinders ha and it was used on the 90 to 95 ZR-1 Corvette, this unit also has a small thread and wont work unless your engine has some sort of adapter:end Edit

Edit: After more research i think you may be mistaken, less someone did a rewiring job before you owned it, the 98 had 2 pin terminals 12559781 and the 99-2002 had 1 pin terminals 12562267.. so i think your worrying and there is no need to worry your good man you will be fine with the one you ordered its a 2 pin terminal

Last edited by the404man; 02-09-2016 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:02 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

External engine stuff here.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Thanks 404, now that's a lesson right there!!!

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Sender