Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What o-ring for Denso 36lb injectors on FAST 102?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What o-ring for Denso 36lb injectors on FAST 102?

I know there are a million combos, so here is mine. FAST 102 manifold, FAST billet rails, LS1 style Denso 36lb injectors. Link to injectors: https://texas-speed.com/p-4612-36-lb...-set-of-8.aspx

My manifold came with a set of o-rings, but so did the rail kit. Here is a pic of what I have and I'll explain more below:

All 3 injectors are the same. On the right is with the stock o-ring that came on the injectors. Middle is the black o-ring that came with the rail kit. Left is the fat green one that came with my manifold and I had to pay extra for.

The injector on the right doesn't hold in place, obviously. The injector in the middle "pops" into place, but doesn't take as much force as I would expect. The injector on the left will NOT go anywhere and I've put significant force on it and lubed w/ oil.

So does someone with the same setup have a successful install with no leaks on the middle black o-ring and these injectors? If you use the green ones, did it feel incorrect because of the amount of force to get them in place?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My fast 102 came with I believe orange O rings. It's crazy I can't remember the color at this moment cause we literally just installed them. We used the O rings that came with the intake. Seemed to fit fine and I we uses the ls2 rail. We used the white gm ls1 style supercharged grand prix injectors. Not sure if that helps you any but this is what we did.

Jamie R.
2k Ta
Old 03-07-2016, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just checked with my bud and he said the fast O rings were green. So the ones we used were green.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the black feels snug with a bit of oil on them, go with the blacks.

I was missing some o-rings when I got my FAST 102, so I bought some of the black ones. Both fit for me, but the blacks were a bit looser (but not too loose).

They should fit tight, but if it feels wrong, it probably is.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

OK thanks. There's no way my green ones are fitting. I'll go w/ black and hope the brackets have enough stability to hold everything down right.

Quick Reply: What o-ring for Denso 36lb injectors on FAST 102?