Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Ebay 92mm throttlebody?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
When you say 800-1000, do you mean 800 when warm and 1000 when warming up? Is this your m6 00 camaro?
Yes, m6 00 camaro
Thanks for the feedback. I really wish you had experience with another throttle body. As mentioned, I can tell the difference in feel between a fast 102 and a nw 102 because I've tried both on the same cars, back to back. Basically, your experience may be good with the warr, but you may not know what you're missing out on... I'm not opposed to trying the warr 92, but I need to see some positive feedback from people who know what a fast or nw 92 do...

anyone out there have that experience?
Maybe I'm missing out on having my wallet wacked for the extra $250 a NW TB costs?
Old 04-04-2016, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
800-1000, it has a 242/256 cam in it so it doesn't have the smoothest idle. If I thought for 1 second that TB was junk I'd put something else on there. No issues, you're really trying to split hairs here bro! Buy one & try it!
I'm not trying to be difficult, fact is I know if I want guaranteed consistency, I'd just get another nw. But obviously I'm interested because it's 370 vs 130... The difference could lie in how well it tunes, in which case the 240 is justified.

And let's be honest, since this is the only tb you have experience with on the car, you may not know what a quality tb would do for you. Who knows, maybe the nw 92 makes your car idle more consistently.

Nothing personal, just trying to get and weigh my options
Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not trying to be difficult, fact is I know if I want guaranteed consistency, I'd just get another nw. But obviously I'm interested because it's 370 vs 130... The difference could lie in how well it tunes, in which case the 240 is justified.

And let's be honest, since this is the only tb you have experience with on the car, you may not know what a quality tb would do for you. Who knows, maybe the nw 92 makes your car idle more consistently.

Nothing personal, just trying to get and weigh my options
I had a stock ported TB on my ls1 & this 92 TB doesn't feel any different. It does the job & for a lot less! Most of the problems I've heard the ebay TBs have are the sensors don't bolt up without some tweaking. The TB I bought looks like a quality piece!
Old 04-09-2016, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by VR-Pissed
Im sure most other things in your private life you dont use this theory with...

I believe you have been reeled in like a sucker fish... I googled N-W and came up with a sports player. I dont give a hoot who the guy is, Im like the 85% of others on this forum in thinking anything over $100 is bullshit money for a throttle body. Its maybe $20 worth of materials.

I believe I read that Nicky's tb's were cast and then machined - all in China? So why on earth is his name worth more? Also hope you dont intend on using a DBW unit as they have had a ton of issues with the cheap plastic gears inside stripping causing the butterfly to seize shut, causing the engine to go in limp mode! Id say thats a pretty big deal for such a pricey investment I wouldnt want to cut corners on!

I came across this issue years ago when I put a straight thru tb on one of my builds and the thing drove like . low end was all but gone and top end on the freeway was not too bad. If your driving a naturally aspirated car then you must have a tb with a lump, hill, taper, mound, whatever you want to call it inside. This creates velocity. When you have a tb thats straight thru you are able to get away with it on boosted vehicles because the air doesnt just sit there its blown in.

As far as some other things that have caused me issues is a cheap *** TPS. You will want to run a factory one or a very high quality unit to alleviate possible issues with putting a modified tb on a vehicle.

Yes! Im a tech at a full service auto shop. And weve learned to stay away from no-name "white box" TPS sensors, IAC valves and various other sensors. If they reak havoc on an unmodified car, I can imgaine what they do modded cars.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I had a stock ported TB on my ls1 & this 92 TB doesn't feel any different. It does the job & for a lot less! Most of the problems I've heard the ebay TBs have are the sensors don't bolt up without some tweaking. The TB I bought looks like a quality piece!
Alright, well you convinced me. I received it today, tried to put a spare IAC and TPS on it, neither went on. In addition, the blade stuck just barely when closed. And the ports for PCV and IAC had pretty nasty aluminum burrs.

Since I had only spend $130 on it and I'd heard of people addressing these issues, I decided to take it on. Both of the IAC bores were undersized by ~0.020" compared with two IACs I had lying around. In addition, I had to take off the lip on the TPS sensor AND grind on the shaft to get it in the TPS.

I can see how someone who hasn't had a NW would think this TB was a steal, and it only took a solid 3 hours to get the issues resolved with a Dremel. However, I won't know how this thing behaves for a while, that's what I'm most concerned about.

So I'd say the WARR TB is just as good (not) as any other eBay TB.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can u post some pics of the mods u did to the throttle body or pm to me please
Old 04-13-2016, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Alright, well you convinced me. I received it today, tried to put a spare IAC and TPS on it, neither went on. In addition, the blade stuck just barely when closed. And the ports for PCV and IAC had pretty nasty aluminum burrs.

Since I had only spend $130 on it and I'd heard of people addressing these issues, I decided to take it on. Both of the IAC bores were undersized by ~0.020" compared with two IACs I had lying around. In addition, I had to take off the lip on the TPS sensor AND grind on the shaft to get it in the TPS.

I can see how someone who hasn't had a NW would think this TB was a steal, and it only took a solid 3 hours to get the issues resolved with a Dremel. However, I won't know how this thing behaves for a while, that's what I'm most concerned about.

Mine works awesome! I mustve got a good one? Buy a NW I guess!
Old 04-14-2016, 08:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to post that. I'm still on the fence. It will be a little bit before I order one, so I' guess I've got some more time to mull it over.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is Jason from WARR Performance. We've never seen the TPS/throttle shaft issues mentioned and we've asked to have this throttle body sent back to us along with the TPS and IAC so we can figure out what went wrong. If there were issues with this throttle body, then we blew it somehow and want to make it right. We do stand behind our products and I even use one of these on my own LS swap daily driver.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FastActon
This is Jason from WARR Performance. We've never seen the TPS/throttle shaft issues mentioned and we've asked to have this throttle body sent back to us along with the TPS and IAC so we can figure out what went wrong. If there were issues with this throttle body, then we blew it somehow and want to make it right. We do stand behind our products and I even use one of these on my own LS swap daily driver.
Yes, to update, I was pleasantly surprised to see Jason contact me with an attempt to resolve this issue. Honestly, based on past experience on ebay with comparable products, I was not expecting that. I look forward to resolving it as it will save quite a few bucks to use his tb!
Old 04-14-2016, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And there you have it boys. They actually give a **** so it looks like they can be a great alternative to the price gouging air blade peddlers.

Mine will be in use by the 25th when I have my car in for a tune, new injectors, and Fast 92mm intake install. I'll post my results.

I'd like to note that the BBK on my car now (previous owner had it on there) sticks TERRIBLY especially after revs and out of the box the Warr doesn't seem to stick at all. I'm not sure if this can change once installed but we will see.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

My Fast brand TB would not stick on the bench, but stick once installed. Drove me nuts trying to find the problem.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's great to hear you stand behind your product and if there are issues, you'll make it right to where the customer gets a product that will work without us having to "modify" it to work. That goes a long way in my book.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
My Fast brand TB would not stick on the bench, but stick once installed. Drove me nuts trying to find the problem.
I've noticed something similar with some of the TBI throttle bodies I work on. Sometimes the issue is a tweaked mating surface or a bad torque sequence when installing. Other times, the throttle body turns out to be junk, but I have fixed some binding by just loosening up the bolts and re-tightening.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:19 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

I've noticed something similar with some of the TBI throttle bodies I work on. Sometimes the issue is a tweaked mating surface or a bad torque sequence when installing. Other times, the throttle body turns out to be junk, but I have fixed some binding by just loosening up the bolts and re-tightening.
Wil you be making any 92mm TB anytime soon? I just received my 102 from you guys!
Old 04-14-2016, 04:21 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Old 04-14-2016, 04:23 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Going to be doing a side by side comparison vs a Nic Williams 102 TB
Old 04-14-2016, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mavn
Going to be doing a side by side comparison vs a Nic Williams 102 TB
Nice! That will be a nice write-up.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
It's great to hear you stand behind your product and if there are issues, you'll make it right to where the customer gets a product that will work without us having to "modify" it to work. That goes a long way in my book.
Thanks, we try to do the right thing and don't want to be seen as just another eBay seller. We're human, so we might screw up on occasion, but we do usually learn from our mistakes and want to keep our customers happy. We're a 100% veteran owned company and we're all current or former Army helicopter mechanics (one of us used to be a Marine CH-53 guy, but we don't hold that against him too much). We do appreciate the feedback and we're always open to suggestions.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mavn
Wil you be making any 92mm TB anytime soon? I just received my 102 from you guys!
We have one of the aluminum 92's left and a number of the black anodized on hand. We're hoping to have more ready in the next couple of weeks. When we're down to one, I normally only make it available on our website, but can move it to eBay if requested.

Quick Reply: Best Ebay 92mm throttlebody?