Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**UPDATE**I might be the only one to have done this... True dual setup with Madhammer

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinZ
Chambered mufflers, like the mad hammers, are pretty loud. Especially if you've only got one muffler like with the Y pipe setup most camaros have.

I really like the exhaust you did OP, it is exactly what I wanted to do except with an x pipe instead of the H. I ended up doing the Hooker blackheart setup with my CME on the end.
Pretty much what I'm doing, except looking at a single 3" Powerstick in place of a Loudmouth resonator. Classic Chambered stuff is pretty cheap too.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by cwdub4
Ok guys so I dared to be different and try something new. Some may not agree with what I did or how I did the setup but, you gotta try new things right?

So here's what I had; BBK LT's no cats, into a 2'5" ORY. with a LM1. ******* loud and raspy but I enjoyed every bit of it. But I wanted something louder and more aggressive.

This is what I did; kept the BBK LT's and no cats. But did a true dual setup with an H pipe with 2'5" piping all the way back with two Madhammer chambered exhausts. (GMMG). So I'm not feeling the new sound. Doesn't sound as aggressive or mean like my first setup. It doesn't gargle like it used to and i think I regret changing it. But I'm glad I know how it sounds but I think I'm gonna go back to my old setup.

If you have any questions or comments ask away or let me know how much of a tool I am for doing something different haha. I can care less about the rude comments. I'm posting this to give other ppl some ideas and ones that may be curious. Thanks guys. I'm gonna try and get some videos of both setups but be patient.
You can have the best of both worlds, have them weld some low profile cutouts before the h-pipe, and when you want to be load open the cutouts up.
Also replace the h-pipe with an x-pipe, they always seem to be louder and more raspy.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neko
How loud are the chambered mufflers compared to the LM1's? I love the sound of your car but, like you, I want something loud and obnoxious.
Here is a video of my ride on the dyno with a set Classic Chambered powerstick (Short) version true dual.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I actually really like how your TD set up sounds. But then again, I'm not going for the loudest car I can either.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KILLERARMY
Here is a video of my ride on the dyno with a set Classic Chambered powerstick (Short) version true dual.

Patrick's 434 Camaro Spinning on the Dyno - YouTube
They do sound pretty loud. I was thinking a short 3" one should be loud and have a nice tone to it, at least compared to an LM1.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I have one with the old setup (Texas Speed bullets), but not one with the SLP Loudmouth 1's. I'll try and get one tonight it's not storming.
waiting
Old 05-16-2016, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cwdub4
Ok guys so I dared to be different and try something new. Some may not agree with what I did or how I did the setup but, you gotta try new things right?

So here's what I had; BBK LT's no cats, into a 2'5" ORY. with a LM1. ******* loud and raspy but I enjoyed every bit of it. But I wanted something louder and more aggressive.

This is what I did; kept the BBK LT's and no cats. But did a true dual setup with an H pipe with 2'5" piping all the way back with two Madhammer chambered exhausts. (GMMG). So I'm not feeling the new sound. Doesn't sound as aggressive or mean like my first setup. It doesn't gargle like it used to and i think I regret changing it. But I'm glad I know how it sounds but I think I'm gonna go back to my old setup.

If you have any questions or comments ask away or let me know how much of a tool I am for doing something different haha. I can care less about the rude comments. I'm posting this to give other ppl some ideas and ones that may be curious. Thanks guys. I'm gonna try and get some videos of both setups but be patient.
I can't tell from pic on my phone not the best quality always but. Is your new setup duals over the Axel on the passenger side , does pipe preceding the the right side have a J 180* bend to came back to passenger side and then exit on the right ?
Old 05-16-2016, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neko
They do sound pretty loud. I was thinking a short 3" one should be loud and have a nice tone to it, at least compared to an LM1.
I have the 3" inch wide version on my ride. Classic Chambered have 3 version of exhaust (Short,Medium,Long). The short version are the loudest one of the other 2 exhaust.

SHORT POWERSTICK

3" 3020SB 3" 3-1/2" 16" 21"
This off Classic Chambered website

Last edited by KILLERARMY; 05-16-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KILLERARMY
I have the 3" inch wide version on my ride. Classic Chambered have 3 version of exhaust (Short,Medium,Long). The short version are the loudest one of the other 2 exhaust.

SHORT POWERSTICK

3" 3020SB 3" 3-1/2" 16" 21"
This off Classic Chambered website
Thank you! Do you find that it drones much cruising?
Old 05-17-2016, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by omc8
I can't tell from pic on my phone not the best quality always but. Is your new setup duals over the Axel on the passenger side , does pipe preceding the the right side have a J 180* bend to came back to passenger side and then exit on the right ?
What's up brother, so yea the pipes are over the axle. It was really tight but he got them in there. It's 2'5" piping all the way back. And yes it J's down on the passenger side.

For everyone asking if I like it, it's somewhat growing on me but the main reason I got this setup is because I want to cam the car. I've heard a car with the chambered setup and canned and ******* fell in love. So I think I'll keep the setup for now until I can the car. And if I don't like the sound then I'll go back to the LM1's.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinZ
Chambered mufflers, like the mad hammers, are pretty loud. Especially if you've only got one muffler like with the Y pipe setup most camaros have.

I really like the exhaust you did OP, it is exactly what I wanted to do except with an x pipe instead of the H. I ended up doing the Hooker blackheart setup with my CME on the end.
The Y pipe GMMG setup has 2 mufflers, not just 1! I have it on my car now & always loved the sound even with LTs & no cats. Since I upgraded to a 416 its a lil bottlenecked. So I just ordered the TSP TDs. I wanted to buy the Phab setup (like TSP TDs) without mufflers & add chambered mufflers to it. I didn't order Phab cuz they come with cheap muffler clamps. TSPs have band clamps.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice to hear the classic chambered sticks on other cars.
Love them on my car, dumped at the axle. No X or H pipe but will be getting a Xpipe.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:55 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I still don't understand why people spend the money for a LM1 "resonator." It's nothing more than a piece of expanded pipe. That's it. You could literally run a straight pipe and it would be the same.

OP, have you considered cutting out the chambered mufflers and welding in 2 2.5" Magnaflow bullets? At least you'd get your "tone" and a hell of a lot of bass back.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll have SE 1 3/4 LT's, O/R 3" to 3.5" flowmaster Y merge and a single 18" Classic chambered muffler in the I-pipe section. It's then dumped as it goes over the axle, I hate tips on Camaro's. I'll get pics/vid as soon as I can.

I might also go with true duals and dump it at the axle, I have 2 of those Classic Chambered mufflers and an Xpipe.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Kudos for thinking outside the box

Quick Reply: **UPDATE**I might be the only one to have done this... True dual setup with Madhammer