Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another flowmaster merge question! I used the search :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another flowmaster merge question! I used the search :)

My buddy and I were thinking of doing the flowmaster merge. I'm running newer style t.s y and he's running p.s. Y. We both have slp lm2 catbacks. Question is what flowmaster merge part # do we need to mate up to our lm2's? I know p.s. Has crappy merge vs t.s. Is it worth it for me to do the fm merge on my t.s.? I know the t.s. Merge narrows down but to what size? Is this just a cut /weld install? I used the search but didn't find these specific questions. Thx
Old 05-26-2016, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I forget the part number, but you want the one that goes to 4"
Old 05-26-2016, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4" is gonna mate up to my lm2? I know we started talking about this but I didn't want to steal the other members post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm pretty sure the LM2 has a 3" intermediate pipe, so if you want to mate the Flowmaster merge directly to it, 3" is what you'll want. With that however, while you may see a slight increase in torque, I'm not sure it's with the time/money. The 4" outlet suggested above would be ideal if you mated it to a 4" cutout, and then used a 4" to 3" reducer on the other end. Even with a relatively good flowing LM system, the 4" cutout will typically net a little more.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They dont make a 3" in 3" out. You would need to choose between the 3.5 or 4" out and then put a reducer on it to mate up to your catback. I agree with Tang, I would do the 4" cutout then reduce to the catback

Quick Reply: Another flowmaster merge question! I used the search :)