Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls Compatibility chart ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls Compatibility chart ?

Hey guys!!
For those who didn't see my introduction post here it is !! : https://ls1tech.com/forums/introduct...greatness.html

My old LM7 disassembly and cleaning process is done and the short block is now stapped in the trailer ready to go @ the shop for new cylinders boring and nikasil plating!! I'm now trying to plan my top end setup, I'm looking for a compatibility chart sheet @ LS motors, mostly wondering if a ls9 intake manifold would fit ''or is similar'' on a ls1 ? .. I'm planning on a LM7 root blown engine setup but i'm not looking to get ripped with a overpriced magnuson & such kits. Eaton m112 ''TVS2300 cheaper option'' ect.. / or weiand's blowers are so easy to get for cheap so buying a kit is kinda ridiculous to me. I'd prefer a eaton setup and go efi instead of Weiand's, could buy a Holley ôr similar efi carb setup but Eaton's seems the way to go, more simple and logical.

Any inputs ??

Thanks .. Chris
Old 07-24-2016, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Welcome to the forums. The LSA and LS9 blowers are meant for rectangle port heads. The rectangle port heads will not fit on the 3.78" LM7 bore. The LSA and LS9 blowers will not fit on the LM7 cathedral port heads without a set of adapters. But, the same guy that makes the adapter plates also makes pulleys for the LSA blower to line up with F-body accessories and I think truck accessories, as well. It is very doable. You should definitely get new valvesprings, pushrods, and upgrade your rocker trunions.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by DavidBoren
Welcome to the forums. The LSA and LS9 blowers are meant for rectangle port heads. The rectangle port heads will not fit on the 3.78" LM7 bore. The LSA and LS9 blowers will not fit on the LM7 cathedral port heads without a set of adapters. But, the same guy that makes the adapter plates also makes pulleys for the LSA blower to line up with F-body accessories and I think truck accessories, as well. It is very doable. You should definitely get new valvesprings, pushrods, and upgrade your rocker trunions.
Thanks for the infos ! . who is the guy you taliking about? Who makes adaptor plates?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Are you close to the Cincinnati area?
I'll build you a single turbo setup installed and dyno tuned for the same price you'll spend in parts on the blower setup, and make more power too.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Clue me in with the Nikasil plating, are your
bores damaged? What are the advantages?
Thanks
Old 08-09-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Are you close to the Cincinnati area?
I'll build you a single turbo setup installed and dyno tuned for the same price you'll spend in parts on the blower setup, and make more power too.
Sorry for late reply, My PC went dead and my brain understands mechanical stuff but when it comes to computerish **** i'm lost , tried to fix it then lost patience & bought a new one lolll,

No I'm from Montreal,Canada & My plan is to go SC ''ROOT'' .. not logically because I used to built custom turbo setups in my ''DSM&Rotary Era LOL'' and i know turbochargers will always be more efficient and cost less per hp in most cases compared to to s/c's, Well back then turbo setups were much more expensive compared to nowadays, but still. Even the root s/c setup i'm looking for is less efficient than centrifugal ones '' HP wise''.. but my goal/plan/dream is all about low boost, low rpm tq and top end, acceptable hp #'s and the simplicity of a root setup, oh yeah.. forgot about the sweet s/c whine !! lol.. I used to build cars to compete and didn't care about streetability, Go at the drag strip with endless spare parts and so on ... but not anymore .. I want a car i can appreciate every day and still beat the **** out of the little average ''I believe i'm Lewis Hammilton'' Civic Si or sti kid lol, I know i can build something great with my goals in mind !!

Thanks for the offer tho

Chris
Old 08-09-2016, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by slogo
Clue me in with the Nikasil plating, are your
bores damaged? What are the advantages?
Thanks
Hey mate !! I've been introduced to Nikasil Long time ago when i first started to race atv's, ''Yamaha Banshee'', Highly modified/built 2 strokes motors with forged pistons mixed with a steel sleeve will run ok as is as long jetting is on point everytime, when Over pushed or ran lean a bit the pistons/rods will take it but the rings will destroy those steel sleeves like crazy, little lean on a 2 stroke = really lean compared to a 4 stroke. Nikasil have the durability of a chrome sleeve ''EX: CR500 cylinder'' but is more sensitive overheating/but reduce cylinder temps since steel rings on nikasil is like butter on glass & Nikasil absorbs heat while chrome blocks it from going through the sleeve's steel/water cooling ports. In other words : Nikasil plating on a LS ''or any other 4 stroke engines'' will give you more overall reliability on slight abuse/chamber temps. but won't save your motor on a over boosted or 12.1:1 on pump fuel, instead it will let you run a little lean or undercooled boost once in a while without melting your internals. Also on a rebuilt you wont have to over bore your sleeves, Nikasil plated cylinders keeps tolerances longer.

Honnestly Nikasil is too expensive for the slight benefits it will give average setups so i won't suggest ppl to go that route. But for me, with my water intercooled root setup i plan, Nikasil will help on the long run. Manifold water/intercoolers a very limited and i plan to boost it on its limit, hot air temps from the blower might let the nikasil plating show its benefits, make it more reliable.

Hope it helped u.. srry for my bad english i'm french lolll

Chris

Quick Reply: Ls Compatibility chart ?