Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever buy Amazon harmonic balancer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever buy Amazon harmonic balancer?

They have them listed for a reasonable price. Also says they are made by AC Delco. What do you guys think are they legit and won't explode and destroy everything in my engine bay ?
Old 08-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of counterfeit items sold on Amazon, so it's hard to say if it's a legit Delco balancer or not. The OEM balancers aren't known for their longevity at any rate, so why not go with a better unit, such as PowerBond from a known supplier? Replacing the balancer is a time consuming project and most don't want to do it more than once, so a better balancer is a good choice.

Also, don't take this as a slam against Amazon. Amazon is very good at removing sellers that deal in counterfeit items but new sellers take their place as rapidly as the old ones are removed.

Best of luck with it.

Last edited by unit; 08-02-2016 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Fix wording
Old 08-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just sent a Delco balancer back, it was wobbling and throwing belts. Put on an ATI, wasn't fun and wish I did that 1st.

This one: ACDelco 12635652 GM Original Equipment Crankshaft Balancer
Old 08-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The motor is on a engine stand right now. I wasn't trying to spend to much either, but I am open to a powerbond if it doesn't require any special tools other than the ordinary balancer installations tools and if the price is reasonable

Quick Reply: Anyone ever buy Amazon harmonic balancer?