Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness routing

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring harness routing

Couple questions about routing the wiring harness.

2000 Z28 body, 2001 LS1

1) on the PCM side where exactly does the harness route around toward the back of the heads? Mine is in, but don't have enough slack to plug up to PCM and connectors along right fender. The smaller harness that goes to starter, etc is wrapped behind/under the right coil pack bracket, but that seems to be causing the problem.
2) where/how do the battery cables route? I was thinking behind (toward front of car) the condenser but wanted to make sure.
Thanks fellas
Old 08-29-2016, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

No one? Someone's got to be doing a tear down or build up, or have done enough to have a vivid image.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Harness routes behind the intake manifold above the heads

the starter harness drops down in front of the heater box in between the frame rail and header (wrap with heat tape)

Positive Battery cables route from the battery to the fuse block along the front of the radiator fans to the main positive on the fuse block.. positive runs from battery to starter.. and last positive runs from Alternator to battery

negative runs from starter to negative terminal on battery and other side just grounds to the inner fender near the battery
Old 08-29-2016, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Majestic9C1
Harness routes behind the intake manifold above the heads

the starter harness drops down in front of the heater box in between the frame rail and header (wrap with heat tape)

Positive Battery cables route from the battery to the fuse block along the front of the radiator fans to the main positive on the fuse block.. positive runs from battery to starter.. and last positive runs from Alternator to battery

negative runs from starter to negative terminal on battery and other side just grounds to the inner fender near the battery
Thanks. I'm running from car to computer back and forth looking at pics, then the car. Buddy helping me had the starter harness wrapped around dipstick tube. I took care of that. However, looks like there's an O2 connection attached to the starter harness. Is that what I'm looking at?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah that hangs off there as well
Old 08-29-2016, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Got some pics. Is the starter harness supposed to go between the headers and block or between the headers and frame rail (following the wheel speed harness)? second pic is looking up with starter removed
Attached Thumbnails Wiring harness routing-photo525.jpg   Wiring harness routing-photo408.jpg  
Old 08-29-2016, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

between headers and frame rail.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Majestic9C1
between headers and frame rail.
Perfect. That's what I wanted to hear. I'll have to remove oil level sensor to re-route.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Another question. What do the harnesses along the right fender lead to? I had to splice in the connections, but ran across several same color wires. I left the same color wires just twisted together and taped until I know for sure they are hooked up right. Wires that are same color and gauge: white, pink, green, blue.

Quick Reply: Wiring harness routing