Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoking tailpipes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Smoking tailpipes!!!

I recently had Pacesetter LTs and ORY installed I also have a Magnaflow muffler, I did a couple of runs to 70 from a stop and came back(like less than a minute on the road), I smelled this burning rubber smell ( it wasn't the tires) and I had smoke coming from my tailpipes. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Is it just the LTs since they're new? Holla Back Playa!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This happened to me when I pulled the AIR tubes out. Another member explained to me that since, in your case, you don't have any cats, gas vapors condensate in your exhaust when you shut it down. Once you start the car back up and drive it, the gas (now in a liquid state) heats back up and turns back into a vapor. That is the white smoke that you see. Once the car gets up to 195-200 degress, the white smoke should go away.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my jet hots put on 2 weeks ago and i have the same thing but once the car warms up it usually goes away, the white smoke did not come until i went and dynoed the car this has never happened since i owned the car but someone told me its because the headers come with some kind of oil residue inside them, im glad im not the only one with this problem i was worrying that eventually the rubberish burning smell was gonna cause the car to break down cause something got burned up
Old 06-21-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thanks Guys

Thanks guys, I feel better. I thought I broke somethin'.