Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Widow "Widowmaker"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Black Widow "Widowmaker"

Anyone running this muffler in a single or dual configuration? I'm thinking about getting a couple of these for my Silverado. Would like to get some feedback on how they sound, both inside and outside the vehicle.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think most of the truck guys, at least from what I've seen, have been drooling all over the Carven mufflers lately. I've never heard one in person but none of the videos and sound clips I've heard sounded good to me. I've seen the widowmaker mufflers before but don't think I've ever heard any clips of them. Looks like it would probably be somewhat comparable to a chambered muffler of sorts as I dont think they have any internal packing like Magnaflow/Borla. Whatever they sound like, they will probably be pretty loud as it looks like they only offer a 10" long body, not much room to muffle the sound. Best sounding exhaust I ever had on my personal Silverado back when I had it was a Borla XR-1. If you do end up getting the black widow muffler throw up a sound clip.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I checked out their website, and they have quite a few sounds clips of their various mufflers on different makes and models of cars, trucks, and SUV's. From what I've heard, I like it a lot. I also like the sound of the Borla XR-1's. I almost went with them on my true dual setup on my WS6, but opted for the SLP Loudmouth 1 resonators.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I checked out their website, and they have quite a few sounds clips of their various mufflers on different makes and models of cars, trucks, and SUV's. From what I've heard, I like it a lot. I also like the sound of the Borla XR-1's. I almost went with them on my true dual setup on my WS6, but opted for the SLP Loudmouth 1 resonators.
Can't blame ya there, XR-1's arent cheap and buying 2 of them for a dual setup wouldnt even cross my mind unless I found them for a stupid good deal or used. When I had plans of duals on my car I was going to use TSP's mufflers that come with their dual kit and swap them out for dynomax bullets if I didnt like the TSP mufflers. But Ive since shifted over to a single 4" catback idea with a sinlge XR-1. Basically trying to mimic the old exhaust from my SSS with 1-7/8" headers, ory with fm 3-4" merge and single 4" with an XR-1. If it sounded as good as it did on a cammed 6.0L in a truck, I can only imagine that it will sound equally as good and probably better behind a cammed 6.2L in a camaro. Just gotta get the damn motor in the car first, haha.

Quick Reply: Black Widow "Widowmaker"