Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Axle Dumps on 4th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle Dumps on 4th Gen

I would like to run a dual axle dump exhaust on my '94 LS swapped Camaro, the problem is the Texas speed setup says it will not work with a tunnel torque arm and the Speed engineering guys weren't sure if it would work or not. I currently have a UMI tunnel mount with the dropped cross-member for long tubes. I can't run a standard torque arm because of the 4L80E in the car.

Has anyone done this before? I feel like there are enough people running axle dumps and enough running tunnel mount arms that they have crossed over at some point. I get mixed answers on whether it will work but no one seems to have actually tried it. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

A shop can weld up anything, you don't have to use a sponsor to run exhaust.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by King Nothing
A shop can weld up anything, you don't have to use a sponsor to run exhaust.
True, and maybe I will have something made up but I don't like what I see from most exhaust shops and not wanting to pay for a real fabricator to do it. Its a temporary setup (turbo in the future) and my thinking with a brand name system is it will have some value when I take it off the car.

My other option at this point is just some bullet mufflers and turn downs off the headers, just not sure if it will sound like garbage with no crossover.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lsfanatic
True, and maybe I will have something made up but I don't like what I see from most exhaust shops and not wanting to pay for a real fabricator to do it. Its a temporary setup (turbo in the future) and my thinking with a brand name system is it will have some value when I take it off the car.

My other option at this point is just some bullet mufflers and turn downs off the headers, just not sure if it will sound like garbage with no crossover.

You could do that if its very short term need. Sound is subjective, but my true duals without any crossover is fine by me. It gets attention from other car guys...in a good way.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
You could do that if its very short term need. Sound is subjective, but my true duals without any crossover is fine by me. It gets attention from other car guys...in a good way.
Any sound clips of it? I am leaning more towards this route as further research has said the existing axle dump systems will not work with the torque arm I have no matter what.

Quick Reply: Axle Dumps on 4th Gen