Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default TB Question

Is the TB blade supposed to move some when pushing the blade? My WARR Performance 92mm TB does this. I press on the top of the TB blade and it opens up some. When I manually give it throttle, the blade opens up like it should and closes like it should. I was just wondering if that could be why I'm having high and hanging idle issues.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's nothing holding the blade back besides the return spring when you push the top half of the blade, so that's normal with any throttle body. Have you tried adjusting the throttle stop or doing a TPS/IAC relearn?

Jason
WARR Performance LLC
Old 04-14-2017, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FastActon
There's nothing holding the blade back besides the return spring when you push the top half of the blade, so that's normal with any throttle body. Have you tried adjusting the throttle stop or doing a TPS/IAC relearn?

Jason
WARR Performance LLC
I tried the TPS/IAC relearn, but it didn't help. I adjusted the throttle stop some last night, so today when I get home I'll fire the car up and see if that helped. While the car is running, I'll mess with the screw some more to see if I can dial it in. I backed the screw out pretty much all the way, so hopefully that fixes the issue.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to look at if that doesn't get you anywhere is the IAC. It could be going bad and has become intermittent.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

I backed out the TB screw quite a bit and that really helped get the idle to around 900-850 rpm's. The day I did it, I started the car up and let it run for about 10 minutes. The idle stayed steady at 900-850 rpms. When I revd the car, idle came back down like it should.

Yesterday, I drove the car to work. When I started the car up, idle was great and driving the car to work I had no issues. Temperature at that time was in the 60's. When I drove the car home from work, temperatures were in the mid 80's. Idle upon starting the car was good and around 900-850 rpms. Driving the car home, anytime I'd push in the clutch or go into neutral, idle was hanging pretty bad. When I got home, I let the car run and the car was idling over 1000 rpms.

Any ideas? Car is SD tuned. Is it just the tune that needs adjusting? Both times I've driven the car, I had no issues in the morning when temperatures were cooler. High and hanging idle happened when temperatures were 80+ degrees.

Quick Reply: TB Question