Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 / truck accessory bracket torque spec ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 / truck accessory bracket torque spec ?

hey guys, so im reassembling my LQ4 6,0 motor that I had refreshed and am putting a turbo on, and the bracket that holds the PS pump and the alternator and idler pulley, I tried looking online for the torque specs for the 4 bolts that hold it on, and the closest I could find on the list was the power steering bracket that says 18ft lbs, but for bolts that use a 15mm socket it seems like that torque spec would be low, or at least it feels like it. my gut intuition from looking at the LS1 howto listing for torque specs thinks 37 ft lbs would be better, but I wanted to check with you guys on here to make sure im not over / under torqueing it, I already learned my lesson when I rushed thru the spec sheets and overlooked Ft-In and thought 44ft Lb for the intake manifold bolts

I also used a dab of ARP packet grease/antisieze as lube/antisieze for the bolts since its steel and aluminum.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

I am not sure but being the size on the bolts 18 ft lbs is not enough. I just bolted them down tight but my dirty dingo mount for my a/c came with torque specs and it was 37 ft lbs so i think that would be correct for the alt bracket. I have to ask what happened when you torqued the intake down to 44 ft lbs.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gagliano7
I am not sure but being the size on the bolts 18 ft lbs is not enough. I just bolted them down tight but my dirty dingo mount for my a/c came with torque specs and it was 37 ft lbs so i think that would be correct for the alt bracket. I have to ask what happened when you torqued the intake down to 44 ft lbs.
heres the start of what happened
http://www.355nation.net/forum/proje...ml#post4378073
Old 05-01-2017, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes i believe 36-37ft lbs for all acc. Brackets. We used the holley bracket kit on dads 68 camaro ls swap and that is what they called for.

Quick Reply: lq4 / truck accessory bracket torque spec ?