Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock or PRW SFI flexplate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Stock or PRW SFI flexplate?

i pulled my stock 5.3 99 flexplate and swapped it with a PRW SFI flexplate and didn't realize the flexplate had play around the crank. I tried to center it up but after install u could see it was off .015-.030" as in not centered on the crank. It kisses the bellhousing for a sec and then cleared the aluminum away like a light brisk mill. I ran it like this 1 time on the street and im currently tuning my new cam and ported head combo with boost. I got a replacement PRW flexplate and decided I'm going to swap it or put the stocker back on which ran fine before the cam and head swap.

I pulled the PRW off and I'm debating if I should put the new PRW on or just throw the stock flexplate on? I checked the new PRW and it's basically dead on with the stocker DIA wise and it had a tight fit on the crank like the stocker. I just done want to do this **** again. PITA to do this with the car on stands.

I was making 525-550hp crank before the custom cams and mild ported heads. I was told to expect about 100hp from the cam and heads. So at 650 crank hp will the stocker survive or take my chances with the replacement PRW?

Quick Reply: Stock or PRW SFI flexplate?