Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR Alternator Relocation Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CBR Alternator Relocation Question

Hey all....just got back around to working on my Camaro turbo project that has been sitting for about 3 years. I installed the CBR alternator relocation setup and I don't know if did it correctly. The adjustment for the belt tension seems to be about fully extended. I don't know if they sent me a too long of a belt, maybe I am missing a pulley, I'm not sure.

The setup I have has no tensioner pulley and no idler pulley. Is there suppossed to be an idler pulley attached somewhere? The instructions just show 3 pictures which the install wasn't bad.

Also, almost forgot that after revving the engine and the rpm's begin to drop it squeaks just a little so I'm assuming it needs a little more tension on the belt

Attached is a picture
Attached Thumbnails CBR Alternator Relocation Question-img_1487.jpg  
Old 04-27-2017, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a follow-up. Spoke to Chris @ CBR....What a great guy! He was able to recommend another option for the belt. Purchased that new belt and installed right away. Everything is perfect not with the setup! Even offered to refund my $ for the belt. Top notch guy!

Quick Reply: CBR Alternator Relocation Question