Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 heater flow for expansion tank

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS1 heater flow for expansion tank

Hi all,

I'm after anyone who would know of my custom expansion tank will work.

I have a tank Plummer into both the inlet and outlet of the heater hoses in the hope that the flow of fluid will purge small bubbles in the surface.

I haven't connected the expansion tank via a T piece which is usual.

I have just connected the in and out pipes to the expansion tank.

Can anyone look at the bellow picture and see if it will work. Usually the suction from the water pump sucks water through from the heater outlet. Will having it Plummed into an expansion tank still pump from one to the other seeing as it's preasurised and both pipes are under water. Or does the pipe have to be closed circuit.

I figure in a preasurised tank it already is closed circuit?

The polished tank two inlets up the top are from radiator and steam, and if you look closer you can see the heater ports are plumbed to the bottom of the tank.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails LS1 heater flow for expansion tank-img_1519.png   LS1 heater flow for expansion tank-img_1520.png  
Old 05-14-2017, 07:41 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some more photos.

I can if needed delete the heater outlet hose and just have the single inlet hose to refil the system.

But I like the idea of flow from heater outlet to heate rinlet through a tank which will get rid of any air bubbles in the system
Attached Thumbnails LS1 heater flow for expansion tank-img_1475.jpg   LS1 heater flow for expansion tank-img_1474.jpg  

Quick Reply: LS1 heater flow for expansion tank