Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SSRA and Radiator Shrouds

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:07 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1le02
The screws will be longer with the same diameter. I agree that larger DIAMETER screws could rip the bumper. This should help those that might bump it.
Why not fasten the bottom half to the top half with some sort of clip? Have it hang from up top instead of putting load on the bumper.

As for that launch, it was my first launch of the day, I hadn't ever been to that track, and encountered massive wheelhop. The wheelhop did the deed.
After that, I adjeusted my launch method and was able to leave smoothly.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Why not fasten the bottom half to the top half with some sort of clip? Have it hang from up top instead of putting load on the bumper.

As for that launch, it was my first launch of the day, I hadn't ever been to that track, and encountered massive wheelhop. The wheelhop did the deed.
After that, I adjeusted my launch method and was able to leave smoothly.
Let me ponder that for awhile. I might be able to use those three fasteners that attach the bumper cover on the bottom to hold it in place. Hmmmm?

Hey from the picture the scoop doesn't look like it's in that bad of shape. If it's not cracked that bad I can try and re-plastic weld it for you.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:14 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1le02
Let me ponder that for awhile. I might be able to use those three fasteners that attach the bumper cover on the bottom to hold it in place. Hmmmm?

Hey from the picture the scoop doesn't look like it's in that bad of shape. If it's not cracked that bad I can try and re-plastic weld it for you.
Hey, I appreciate the offer. Much obliged.
I think I'll get around to repairing it here, and reinstalling it with some sort of rigged fastener. I'll invent something.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply: SSRA and Radiator Shrouds