Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 trans am build with dyno numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

There is no need to upgrade to the fast rail honestly. But we do have the fbody rail kit with quick connect also.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K. I just like the red fuel line. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Derek Ciccero
Max hp was 386.5 real weather conditions. See dyno pic. The day the dyno was done it was 94 degrees outside and very humid. Tuner told me numbers would be higher if it was 65-70 degrees.
Derek,
Just curious, so please don't take this the wrong way...the Dyno sheet shows 359ish right? So the tuner is staying you'd make 30ish more horsepower if it was 15-20 degrees cooler outside? I have never heard of adjusting the Dyno #s for "real weather conditions" or a tuner say, " you would make X horsepower if it was Y temperature outside." That may be because I am in South TX and 94 with high humidity is the norm but if I can pick up 30 hp that way I am moving. Lol. Just curious. Great looking car!!
Old 06-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Max hp was 386 real weather conditions. I believe that means when they blow air into my induction system with a fan as if u are drive. I'm not sure thou. Dyno sheet said with wcp 386 hp.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Corrected weather. Its not a "linear" facotor like sae is or even std/stp. Honestly to compare to other dynos youd want to have it in sae or std not wcf.
If you looked at the sheet it raised your actual numbers by nearly 30 and 30. The correction factor is there to take out the actual phrase your tuner told you. Its there to correct it so that you can compare with other dyno numbers evenly if they are dynod with the same correction factor (but that is hardly the case). theoretically the higher number you see would be the "30 degrees lower" numer actually.
The only way that would actually be true is if the engine wouldn't take timing due to it being too hot or fuel too hot etc. Otherwise the correction factor is what that would be in theory which is very generous.
Your "true" numbers are what was measured and not what was corrected.
If the weather station has not been calibrated or is exposed to any conditions from the dyno run ie exhaust, extra heat etc etc it can skew the results as well.
That is why everyone is saying whoa to the numbers. Esp with no cam.
Even if that were the case, im sure the added 60+ hp and 40+tq is alot of fun and a better building platform for your end combo.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Man thats a nice clean car love it. Were are you located im down around canton and i have a buddy in strongsville. We get together from time to time to cruise or to hit the dragstrip
Old 06-22-2017, 12:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Corrected weather. Its not a "linear" facotor like sae is or even std/stp. Honestly to compare to other dynos youd want to have it in sae or std not wcf.
If you looked at the sheet it raised your actual numbers by nearly 30 and 30. The correction factor is there to take out the actual phrase your tuner told you. Its there to correct it so that you can compare with other dyno numbers evenly if they are dynod with the same correction factor (but that is hardly the case). theoretically the higher number you see would be the "30 degrees lower" numer actually.
The only way that would actually be true is if the engine wouldn't take timing due to it being too hot or fuel too hot etc. Otherwise the correction factor is what that would be in theory which is very generous.
Your "true" numbers are what was measured and not what was corrected.
If the weather station has not been calibrated or is exposed to any conditions from the dyno run ie exhaust, extra heat etc etc it can skew the results as well.
That is why everyone is saying whoa to the numbers. Esp with no cam.
Even if that were the case, im sure the added 60+ hp and 40+tq is alot of fun and a better building platform for your end combo.
Okay, that makes much more sense. Although I am also curious about the comment about the fan. If they ran it on the Dyno without a fan that would suprise me as well. Not just for induction purposes but even just too keep the car running at an appropriate temp. Again, this may be a function of living in South TX, where heat and humidity are very common. Obviously I can tell the difference in how a car runs here in 100+ degree weather and, in the fall, when it is 70ish degrees, but I didn't think the difference would be that drastic. I would not let someone make hard pulls on a Dyno without one. Not a chance.
All Dyno stuff aside though....it's a beautiful car. Really good example. Not a big fan of S2000s but that thing looks pretty bad *** as well.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

They use fans to provide air and airflow. You cant simulate driving on the dyno no matter how you do it. The fans provide the movement for blcooling, to move exhaust fumes, and provide some air for the engine. usually it will help cool the incoming air as well.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:22 AM
Teching In

I was never a fan of the S2000 till I went to race car driving school and drove one. I went from race car driving school straight to a Honda dealership in 07 and bought one!!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:09 AM
Teching In

I'm located in Wickliffe Ohio. In lake county.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:10 AM
Teching In

Thank you for all the replies and explaining dyno chart!!!

Quick Reply: 2000 trans am build with dyno numbers.