Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 parts on LM7 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 parts on LM7 5.3

Hey guys, new here. I have a 68 C10 I'm swapping an LM7 motor and transmission into. Before I do though, I am going through the motor and resealing it while adding some higher end parts. The new Summit racing store opened up in Arlington, and I got to go visit last night and found some things I'd really like for my motor but I have some questions about them first. All of the parts I want are stated to fit the LS1. The first is a Chevy Performance LS1 Hot Cam Kit with part number NAL-19355738 (https://m.summitracing.com/parts/nal-19355738) and the other thing is a FiTech complete system, part number FIF-70002 (https://m.summitracing.com/parts/fif-70002). My main question is, will both of these bolt on to my LM7 block and heads? Or would I need to bore the motor and put LS1 heads on it? Sorry for the long post, and thanks for the help!
Old 09-24-2017, 01:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

They will fit yes.

As far as the hot cam kit goes, we have a better option. Its our brand new high lift hot cam kit. Just like the original it comes with cam and springs and reuses the stock pushrods BUT it makes more power AND is less $$ at 515 shipped. Comes with better valve springs also
Click the link above for it.

As far as the fitech goe, we have heard mixed reviews. What are you doing with the 5.3? carb? fuel inj? carb style with fuel inj? Let us know that and we can help you figure out what it best.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
They will fit yes.

As far as the hot cam kit goes, we have a better option. Its our brand new high lift hot cam kit. Just like the original it comes with cam and springs and reuses the stock pushrods BUT it makes more power AND is less $$ at 515 shipped. Comes with better valve springs also
Click the link above for it.

As far as the fitech goe, we have heard mixed reviews. What are you doing with the 5.3? carb? fuel inj? carb style with fuel inj? Let us know that and we can help you figure out what it best.
Ill definitely take a look at the cam. And for the 5.3, I want to keep it fuel injected. The plan is to make the truck a daily driver after I repair rust spots on the cab and dynomat it. So carb is out of the question for me. I'll be taking it on long trips too so fuel injected is what I prefer. I figured the FiTech kit would work really well seeing how it's self learning, comes with a full harness, new fuel injectors, sensors, throttle body, and a full intake.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

The fitech "self learning" part isnt so self learning honestly. As far as the intake goes, its exactly like the holley sniper. Both are not really designed for low and midrange power. The runners are too short and the fit and finish on the fitech intake are pretty bad.
It wont work well with truck accessories either so youd have to make extra modifications.
Your stock 5.3 intake and inj are fine for what you are doing along with using a stock style harness and computer. A trip to the junk yard or even in the for sale section here can get you all of that for WAYYY less than $1700. Even if you just want a better looking setup we can help for less than that.
A mail order tune from the forum sponsor lsx power tuning will get you set! Easiest way to make it all work and be able to grow in the future.

If you need help with a fuel system we can set you up there also!!

Quick Reply: LS1 parts on LM7 5.3