Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funky 1st and 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funky 1st and 2nd gear

My trans is pretty fresh and it currently has a stock converter in it. When going from a dead stop with the car in D, it does fine, just shifts a little early due to wheel spin and I know that is normal. But if I pull it into manual 1 and foot brake at all, it starts in 2nd and then when I come off the line, it'll downshift into 1st. If I go from a 1st gear roll, it shifts into 2nd automatically too early even with the shifter in the 1 position. If I let off after it shifts into 2nd, it'll downshift back into 1st. I can't even do a burn out in the car with it in manual 1. What the hell?!?! I do have a scan tool and the computer is saying that it's in 1 the whole time... Even starting out in D and pulling it into 1 after the launch, it still shifts itself with the scanner reading 1 the whole time. I like to be able to pedal 1st gear out of the hole so it doesn't shift into 2nd too early. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this could be????

Quick Reply: Funky 1st and 2nd gear