Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP ORY fitment questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Force
its not the poly mounts. Sure they may be adding to it slightly but if poly mounts caused this much trouble then half the people on here would be having the same issue.
Well a new set of ARH headers may still result in the same issue. A header collector bent upward will definately cause and issue so the question is what is causing it? Header itself or position of the engine?
Old 06-28-2018, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

its not the poly mounts. Sure they may be adding to it slightly but if poly mounts caused this much trouble then half the people on here would be having the same issue.
I wish I had another LT around that I could try. I compared one mount with the Poly versus the stock mount with rubber. No dimensional difference and the bolt hole measured out dam near the same. When I swapped mounts I pulled the whole pedestal, made the job much easier. The holes in the mounts are not very big and didnt give much play in anything with no weight on the mounts. I let ALL of the weight off the jack and let it load the pedestals and mounts before I tightened anything. I have tried numerous times over the last few days to retry fitting the Y pipe section thinking the mounts might settle but, they have not. I just want to make sense of this and why I ran into problems because this just doesnt make sense to me. People swap to polys all the time and dont have issues. After 4 days of back and forth with TSP, there wasnt a whole lot accomplished. They were very diligent in letting me know what was up. In the end I was given an RMA and offered a full refund for the setup. I really wanted these to work because I cant afford much else. Daycare is freaking expensive! I havent sent these back yet and I am open to options and ideas!
This shot shows the angles of the piping. It literally wont slide on any farther than this due to the angles each pipe is at.

I placed a straight edge inside the collector. The top silver edge gives an idea of the direction the collector points and it is literally right at the floor brace. This one, for me, is what really drove home the fact that something is way off.

Tight against the floor brace.

Oil pan to k-member gap. I didnt get a before measurement. But, I eyeballed it and it looks exactly the same as it did before with the stock mounts.

Last edited by 99Silver6.0; 06-28-2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I swear I think I would drive it to a muffler shop and have them heat the collector with a torch and bend it down.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran

I swear I think I would drive it to a muffler shop and have them heat the collector with a torch and bend it down.
Did consider that! But, headers are getting exchanged. Hopefully this will cure my issue.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Finally got my new headers and Y pipe in today. They sent me 1-7/8 instead of the 1-3/4 I originally ordered. Going on week four now and thus far I am not impressed and still have my car in pieces.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 1 7/8 TSP HEADERS fit great So did the ORY till i went with my Moser m9 with long tq arm.. I had to adjust it where is ran extremely low on the driver side to clear my d/s loop and long tq arm... Not a big fan of how the collector drops down to a 2.5 inch mege tho.. im removing mine due to flow restrictions... Note to the OP. IF U KEEP EVERYTHING LOOSE U HAVE A GOOD AMOUNT OF ADJUSTMENT TO FIX UR CLEARANCE ISSUES. JUST TAKES A LIL BIT A MANEUVERING. all in all for the price u really cant complain.I ALSO HIGHLY RECCOMEND GETTING THOSE HEADERS CERAMIC COATED TO HELP WITH THE DISCOLORATION FROM EXHAUST Heat. The ceramic coating also greatly reduces heat in the engine bay and cools down to the touch in a matter of 10 minues...

FYI my headers fit with solid mounts from midwest chassis if anyone is wondoring

Last edited by bnastystuntz; 07-15-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

That moser ds loop is a horrible design. There's a bar where the Y pipe should be....
Old 07-15-2018, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,023 Likes on 2,354 Posts

I think what you said about keeping everything loose and THEN adjusting all clearances is the common sense way to go no matter whose system is involved. But common sense ain't all that common.... lol
Old 07-15-2018, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
That moser ds loop is a horrible design. There's a bar where the Y pipe should be....

i tried the Mwc d/s loop that went over the tq arm but it wouldnt clear going over the tq arm. i had to have someone fab this up to work .. with the Moser M9 kit that tq arm gets in the way with all d/s loops ive attempted.There is literally no room on the drivers side of the tq arm to get anything to go over the top instead of underneath but regardless im not running a y anymore . going 18" extentions with bullets off the collector so this design actually suits my needs. if i had to do it again i would of went with the MWC short torque arm... when u start mismatching parts from different companies ur bound to run into fitment issues

ALL I CAN SAY IS IM NEVER DEALING WITH MOSER EVER AGAIN.. THEY FUCKED **** UP FROM NOT WELDING ON MY SWAY BAR MOUNTS LIKE I ASKED FOR TO THEM SENDING ME THE WRONG WHEEL STUDS LOL.. WHEN I CONTACTED MOSER BOUT THESE ISSUES ALL I GOT FROM THE GUY AT MOSER IS "I DONT KNOW" I WAS LATER TOLD BY ANOTHER MOSER EMPLYEE THAT THE PERSON I ORDERED EVERYTHING FROM WAS NEW TO THE COMPANY....

Last edited by bnastystuntz; 07-15-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by G Atsma
I think what you said about keeping everything loose and THEN adjusting all clearances is the common sense way to go no matter whose system is involved. But common sense ain't all that common.... lol

eveyone should know not to tighten anything up till everything fits properly.. or at least they should know thiss lol
Old 07-15-2018, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

I couldn’t even get the drivers section of the Y to slide on the header collector because of the angles. Nothing would meet up right. I’m still trying to get a new header/ORY set in my hands to try. TSP thinks my drivers side header was made wrong; bumped while in the jig.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
I couldn’t even get the drivers section to slide on the collector because of the angles. Nothing would meet up right. I’m still trying to get a new header/ORY set in my hands to try. TSP thinks my drivers side header was made wrong; bumped while in the jig.
u might of just got a badly made header tbh...
Old 07-15-2018, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bnastystuntz
i tried the Mwc d/s loop that went over the tq arm but it wouldnt clear going over the tq arm. i had to have someone fab this up to work .. with the Moser M9 kit that tq arm gets in the way with all d/s loops ive attempted.There is literally no room on the drivers side of the tq arm to get anything to go over the top instead of underneath but regardless im not running a y anymore . going 18" extentions with bullets off the collector so this design actually suits my needs. if i had to do it again i would of went with the MWC short torque arm... when u start mismatching parts from different companies ur bound to run into fitment issues

ALL I CAN SAY IS IM NEVER DEALING WITH MOSER EVER AGAIN.. THEY FUCKED **** UP FROM NOT WELDING ON MY SWAY BAR MOUNTS LIKE I ASKED FOR TO THEM SENDING ME THE WRONG WHEEL STUDS LOL.. WHEN I CONTACTED MOSER BOUT THESE ISSUES ALL I GOT FROM THE GUY AT MOSER IS "I DONT KNOW" I WAS LATER TOLD BY ANOTHER MOSER EMPLYEE THAT THE PERSON I ORDERED EVERYTHING FROM WAS NEW TO THE COMPANY....
I have the MWC short torque arm and 3.5 catback cross member and the TSP offroad Y fit perfect. Strange Dana S60. I had to try a few different Y's until I found one that fit.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
I have the MWC short torque arm and 3.5 catback cross member and the TSP offroad Y fit perfect. Strange Dana S60. I had to try a few different Y's until I found one that fit.
Sounds like a solid setup....
Old 07-16-2018, 03:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

well.......i had the TSP headers and the Y fit like **** on the drivers side.....the muff shop ended up beating the pipe down to half the diameter to make it fit

fast forward i got some kooks headers to replace the TSPs and gave the TSPs to my son.....he gets the new stainless Y ( mine was the old steel version ) and guess what ??? the new stainless version fits like **** still.....it appears the header on the drivers side has a upward tilt at the collector driving the pipe into the floorpan....and yes ....he does have poly MM.....seems whoever designed the headers did so with saggy rubber MM ....so firming up the MM raises the engine a hair

my .02....the second time around.....
Old 07-17-2018, 01:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to have pacesetters and a stainless steel tsp catless y pipe. I had a shop weld it in place I just told them I didn’t want it to be hitting the floor board. They did a good job because I never had an issue besides scrapping it a little in driveways here and there. The car had bmr springs as well as poly motor mounts and a poly trans mount.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

I'm impressed with the TSP stainless headers. Much better than my leaking Hookers.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by wannafbody
I'm impressed with the TSP stainless headers. Much better than my leaking Hookers.
My new set will be here tomorrow. Hope they fit better than my last ones did.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Still don’t fit. Im wondering if I need to yank the poly mounts and buy new rubbers. That’s 2 sets of headers that we’re like this and the only thing I have changed is those motor mounts.

Any ideas guys??? Would it honestly hurt to go back to a new set of rubbers?

Last edited by 99Silver6.0; 07-24-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

I'd swap the motor mounts and see if it makes a difference.

Quick Reply: TSP ORY fitment questions