Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock fuel rails

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Edelbrock fuel rails

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone has used holley rails or if anyone makes rails for the super vic. Besides edelbrock Ive seen threads about the holley on the pro-flow but not much on the super vic, really like to have a -8an rail as the edelbrock is only -6an, i suppose i could get the super vic ls3 rail as its -8an and run ls3 injectors as ive not bought injectors yet unless someone sees a issue with that (besides connector adapters) Thanks everyone.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Edelbrock rails and I used -8 fittings for supply and return, actually had to step it down to -6 going back to the FPR and to the tank. I've heard the Aeromotive Rails fit the Vic intakes but I can't confirm that. The thing I didn't like about the Elde rails is the way the fittings went into rails, they seem to stick out quite a bit. I ran thread chasers, taps, sandpaper and files in the boss on both ends and still could not sink the fitting deep enough to look right. Elde said the newer rails dont have that issue, I don't know if they do or not.

I'm running 42lb injectors on my truck and 105lb on the car using Elde rails.

Chad
Old 06-20-2018, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Thats what i heard too the newer ones are inproved but i cant confirm, what i hate is the ls3 rails are -8an but ls1 are only -6an and also about $80 more for the ls3 so by time you paid the extra and got ev1 to ev6 wire adapters (assuming you havent bought injectors yet) your out little over $100 just to get the 8an vs 6an and i read on here that edelbrock sells the brackets if you call to supposedly put the ls3 style back to ls1 height for $9 each so either way your looking at $200+ for rails no fittings i still dont know why when they went from the 3/8npt to the -an they didnt just do -8 instead of -6 seems -8an is most company standard. I guess what gets me is im running a -10an from tank Y at the firewall to -8an to the rails and hate stepping it down again to -6 maybe it wouldnt hurt but still bugs me.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

I made my brackets on both engines for the rails. Installed the injectors on the rails, put them on the engine and put a piece of 7072 aluminum L channel next to the rails and over the bolt holes then measured, cut, filed, drilled holes, painted and installed. Look great because I hid them on the inside of the rails between the rails and the intake runners. Looks like the injectors are the only thing holding the rails on but they are as solid as they can be.

Chad
Old 06-21-2018, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Got any pics?
Old 06-28-2018, 07:25 AM
12 Second Club

No I don't but if I can remember I will snap a couple this weekend and post them.

Chad

Quick Reply: Edelbrock fuel rails