Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body swap and sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Throttle body swap and sensors

I have a 2000 5.3L out of a silverado. I put it into my 1950 Chevy so its going with a stand alone harness. I got a mail order tune for now just so it can start but I haven't started it yet.

I swapped to the LS6 intake and ditched the truck intake. Now I have two throttle bodies, both drive by cable. The corvette throttle body that came with the LS6 intake had both sensors on it broken. I think they are idle control and throttle position sensors. I went to various parts store sites and the 2002 Corvette and the 2000 Silverado use different sensors yet they look the same. My question is, in my situation are those sensors interchangeable? if not can I use the truck throttle body with the car intake? I'd prefer to take my unbroken sensors out and swap them over if I can.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,244 Likes on 2,527 Posts

If the truck TB bolts on the same as the car unit, there should be no problem, as long as those sensors are meant to work with the ECM being used.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So you are saying I should be able to use the truck throttle body as long as it bolts up to my intake. But I couldn't use the sensors from my truck throttle body in the car throttle body? The sensors came in the intake that was with the motor and ECU.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Everything should swap over vis versa. Tb and sensors. If the truck tb has the sensors already i would just bolt it on instead. They should be phydically the same size tb with a 3 bolt pattern.

Quick Reply: Throttle body swap and sensors