Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs deleted will cruise work

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs deleted will cruise work

So I have a 2001 Pontiac trans Am that Iam putting a 5.3 with a twin turbo set up while making room on the drive side engine bay I decided to eliminate the abs so it’s gone now then I’ve seen where if you delete abs your cruise control won’t work is this true?and has anyone relocated there fuse panels if so pic please I think I’ve got it all figured but open to ideals if they look cleaner then the way I plan to thanks I first time using a form hope Iam not doing it wrong
Old 09-14-2018, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cruise control has nothing to do with ABS. Cruise control is all in the PCM and the PCM has nothing to do with the brakes.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks
Old 09-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 8.Lug
Cruise control has nothing to do with ABS. Cruise control is all in the PCM and the PCM has nothing to do with the brakes.
so my car has traction control on it and was wanting to also remove that traction controller off the passenger fender well I’ve heard that you can change to the non traction control cruise controller to retain cruise and change 2 cables one from petal to throttle body and the one from cruise controller under Frame to throttle body is this true or do I even need to change controller and and all info please like will plug in still work to?
Old 09-23-2018, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was thinking about DBW - I honestly don’t know how the cable setup works. What I originally said may also be wrong. Maybe someone else can chime in here.