Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review Pacesetter Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Review Pacesetter Headers

I dont know where else to put this but I purchased my original set of headers 10+ years ago about 4 years into them one of the egr pipes that I had blocked off blew off and left a nice hole in the header. I thought no biggie, bad luck, and it was a known weak point. I read that they had made changes to the headers to address the issue so I ordered up another set. From the very day that I had installed them I heard an exhaust leak. This was teamed up with a TSP catted y pipe so I thought the band clamps weren't doing a good job. I chalked it up to me being young an cheap. Fast forward to today and I'm finally sick of it. I take off all of the band clamps and start getting ready to weld it all together.

I start inspecting all the connecting points and come to the driver's side header/collector and find that the collector wasn't fully welded up! So Buyer beware with Pacesetters. I'm 0-2 on getting a quality set in my hands. The rest of the headers look to be in decent shape 6 years in I do live in Cali so there's that.

Cant upload the picture for some reason

Last edited by Bluehawk27; 09-15-2018 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old 09-15-2018, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear that. My Pacesetter headers are around 15 years from what I gather (previous owner installed them around 2003) and other than some surface rust they seem fine
Old 09-15-2018, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah that's what I have on my car still and they are great I just sanded and repainted them for my 408 build.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

My Hooker headers leaked at the flange to the head. My TSP headers were perfect.