Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust setup recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Exhaust setup recommendation

Hello, just bought a super clean 2005 Z71 Silverado with the 5.3 L33. I am semi new to the modding world and could use a little help, I love the Borla ATAK exhaust sound so I was planning on getting two 2.5” ATAK CrateMufflers with an H pipe and long tube headers then a solid tune. I don’t have a ton of money to throw down for a top of the line system but could afford a decent mid range setup. This is my daily driver and am looking to just free up some horsepower and want a good overall boost in all RPMs but prefer some low end over high end power plus a mean growl. I was wondering what headers you would reccomend, I was thinking definitely 1 3/4 but not sure what the best brands are that won’t break the bank or if it’s worth it to just save up the extra bit for some kooks or something. Also what h pipe brand would you reccomend to go with them for a good fit? Thankyou very much
Old 03-25-2019, 11:05 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You can't go wrong with Speed Engineering. I put a set on a friends truck. They're great. We put their entire system on, headers to tips.