Notices
Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which O2 Sensor is Which? 02 Trans Am

Old 06-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which O2 Sensor is Which? 02 Trans Am

I recently dropped out my engine and trans, and now that I'm putting everything back together I've lost touch with which o2 sensor is which on the pass side.

I've got headers so the downstream sensors are no longer in use, but it's been so long since I installed those headers, I don't even remember if I installed the longer bosch/c5 sensor... Is there an easy way to tell which plug is which?

One is quite lengthy is coming down from around the top of the trans, the other comes from up near the AC condensor and barely reaches the male plug.

Thank you!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:27 PM
TECH Resident

If you're talking about the sensors themselves the left side is a few inches longer than right on a factory setup. If you're running bosch it should be the same length for either side. If you need to know about the actual engine harness lengths I'm absolutely no use at all lol
Old 06-12-2019, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply! I'm actually talking about the harnesses. On the passenger side I have two harnesses I could plug into. Not sure which one is the upstream.

Thanks for the clarification on the sensor length... I guess that's not actually part of my problem is it.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

If you track the wiring to the pcm the front goes to pins 26 and 66 while the rear goes to 25 and 65. The colors are tan and purple for each pair. That's based on the manual for a 99 but should be the same for 98-02
Old 06-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Ooh nice tip!! Thank you!!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

It's easier to use Corvette sensors than to use the extensions with the fbody sensors with headers

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: