Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on Exhaust

I am running a 6.0 with heads, cam and ls6 intake. Here is the problem i am going through. I have 1 7/8 QTP's, off road pipe and a 4" inch mufflex cat back. I know that true duels are the way to go with this setup, but i have some clearence issues with my driveway and would like to keep the car toned down a little away from the track. I feel like the car is starving on the top end and it left alot on the dyno, that it makes up for on the track. Am i restricting this setup by still running a catback? What are my choices to free this up? I thought about running 2 cutouts off the headers for the track, or just saying the hell with it and going with true duels and work around the clearance issue. It just feels like it wants more but being restricted, is this mental? lol

BTW the muffler in my catback is a flowmaster..
Old 07-22-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A 4" catback won't hurt you at all unless your Y is a shitty design. You could gain a few more ponies by swapping out that flowmaster for something else (Hooker ).]

Honestly, all I'd do is throw a cutout in there. Or if you want to go to the extreme, get yourself a custom Y with dual cutouts.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would do a custom 3 inch Ypipe into a FM dual 3 inch into 4 inch collector.

Then get rid of the 4 inch Mufflex (flowmaster) muffler and throw on a Magnaflo 4 inch race or a dynomax 4inch ultraflo.