Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum - LQ9 with LS6 manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum - LQ9 with LS6 manifold

I have what I hoped would be a simple question, but have received tons of mixed responses.

LQ9 with 317 heads and an LS6 manifold, DBW.

Am I correct in running the DS valve cover to the DS port on the manifold, the PS valve cover to the Intake after MAF and before TB, and lastly map sensor to booster?

At the final stage of my swap and appreciate the help, yes I have used the search.
Old 01-10-2024, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackjackmon
I have what I hoped would be a simple question, but have received tons of mixed responses.

LQ9 with 317 heads and an LS6 manifold, DBW.

Am I correct in running the DS valve cover to the DS port on the manifold, the PS valve cover to the Intake after MAF and before TB, and lastly map sensor to booster?

At the final stage of my swap and appreciate the help, yes I have used the search.
I have my DS valve cover running to a catch can and then to the PS of the intake manifold behind the throttle body.

I believe the DS port is for the EVAP system which you may or may not have, so you could cap that side off of you don't have the EVAP system.

If your TB has a fresh air outlet hook that up to your PS valve cover, otherwise do it how you describe by connecting after the MAF so as to not get unmetered air.

The MAP sensor should have its own port, but the hose barb connection at the rear of the intake is to supply vacuum to the booster, so yes.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is how I setup my LQ9/ls6.

Old 02-13-2024, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 700 Likes on 487 Posts

DS valve cover to the DS port on the manifold, the PS valve cover to the Intake after MAF and before TB, and lastly map sensor to booster
That sounds correct, except for the last item.

Originally the LQ9 had the pass side VC connected to a port that was physically on the manifold, but that got fresh metered air through a passage in the TB, from behind the MAF but in front of the throttles. A port on the intake tube would be essentially the same thing. The driver's side VC connected to a large port on the manifold plenum, and the MAP sensor was sort of integrated into the manifold. The booster was hydraulic in those vehicles. If your vehicle uses a vacuum booster I'd suggest teeing that off of the DS PCV line, as close to the manifold as possible. (or of course upgrading to hydroboost if that's practical in your vehicle) I would NOT recommend using the MAP sensor port, if it's a typical small one like 1/8" or whatever, for the booster.

Quick Reply: Vacuum - LQ9 with LS6 manifold