Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC PROBLEM "PLEASE HELP"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC PROBLEM "PLEASE HELP"

My problem is that when I put in my TSP cam in I had to take off the two AC lines on the passenger side of the motor. Some of the green fluid came out when I did this. Now when I went to get the system recharged they said the green fluid was not freon but oil for the compressor. They did not put any more oil in because they didn't know how much was lost. My question is how will the AC system be affected by the loss of some of this green oil. AC blows cold and doesn't make any noises but I am still not sure if I could hurt the compressor or something else.

Any help would be appreciated, I am totally lost.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt worry bout it to much what you lose threw the lines isnt much and you definetly dont want to much. although the reason its green is the fact that there is dye in there so under a blacklight you will see any leaks easily
Old 07-26-2004, 10:58 PM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll prolly be fine it couldn't have lost very much thru the hose. The majority stays in the main componets. The compressor, accumulator, evaporator core etc.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When we evacuate a system at work it usually pulls out 2oz. of oil. The proper fix would be to evacuate and add 2oz. oil. If you don't want to suck it back down I would use a dye injector and add at least 1oz. of oil.