Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Quick exhaust question

So I scored some black heart td's for a smoking price it was just missing the pipes between the cats and x. Question is can I just cut my stock y pipe in this area to fill the gap or would I be better off buying random couplings and pipe from the store? I know it can be done in probably a lot of different ways so I guess the question is more of, what is my easiest way.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2024, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 540 Likes on 429 Posts

I'd think you could probably find a combination with part of your stock Y pipe and maybe a small section of new pipe. I'd get it close and then weld any short sections in as needed. If you don't have a welder, just cut the pipe to the needed length and mark both the Y and the pipe piece with a sharpie for orientation and take to an exhaust shop to get fully welded.
Old 06-12-2024, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

OT: Did you get the tailpipe tips? Are they different left/right? Looking to compare to what I received, which I think is wrong (same left/right).
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I think you're right and it would be much gap to bridge. Also to the other comment yeah I got the tips and they are mirrored for mine so they seem correct. You could flip them over couldn't you? Mine just clamp on and the only thing that looks like a up vs down is just a brand sticker so wouldn't bother me.

Sorry life has been hectic. Actually the same night I got the exhaust a hail storm came through and my car is deemed a total loss. 🙃 BUT I have something in the pipe line I'm hoping for

Quick Reply: Quick exhaust question