Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Misfire

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LS1 Misfire

So I’ve got a 4a 2001 trans am, stock internals, full bolt on, and recently I’ve been having a misfire issues. My scanner isn’t showing showing anything, so I can’t pin the exact cylinder down. It is showing three O2 codes, it’s been throwing O2 codes for a couple years, but I always just clear them because it’s always ran fine. It has 4 like stock.

The plugs are maybe 2k miles old, NGK TR6, but the wires look original to me. I ordered some MSD plug wires, but I also want to get the O2 sensors. I took one out and it was pretty black and soot covered. It was an AS98 AC Delco, but it seems like they don’t make those any more. The ones I can find they only have 1 or 2 in stock, and they’re extremely expensive, upwards of $90 each.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZG5QC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A1CYKG5KAOLKHH&psc=1

I found these, but some reviews have been spotty. The 13444 looks to be the same with a slightly shorter hook up wire. It looks like I’d need three of the shorter 13444 and one of the ones I put above.

Does anyone have any recommendations for O2 sensors? Could this be causing my misfire issues? And lastly, the back drivers side sensor has the plug in damn near on top of the transmission. Any tips on making that easier to unhook and plug back in?

The plug wires look like they will be fun to get to on the last two on the passenger side, but I will cross that bridge later.
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Worn out 02 sensors can definitely cause it to run rough. You said no misfire codes stored for any specific cylinder?
I wouldn't buy any name brand parts from Amazon or ebay. You can get some Denso ot Delphis from Rockauto for a good price.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: LS1 Misfire