Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove hose fittings on back of intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to remove hose fittings on back of intake manifold?

The ones on the bottom of the manifolds in these pics?
http://www.ls1howto.com/howto/geniii...//IMAGE009.jpg
I've searched a few boards and looked at articles, but I can't find anything about them.

I bought a LS6 manifold, and the previous owner says he needs that fitting back for his new manifold. No problem, as it looks like the same thing on the LS1 manifold, but I can't get it off! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help,
Grant
Old 07-28-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

well, i know that when i got my ls6 manifold from moreperformance, they sent me one w/o any fittings where the throttle body mates to the manifold. i ended up taking a dremel and gouged the **** out of my ls1 intake and got them out...just punched them into my ls6.

unfortunately, when i did get the fittings out, on the outside wall(which grips the inside wall of the manifold where it sits) is all etched for gripping the wall. i had to get a wire brush sander to get some of the material off of it, it appears the fitting was cast into the intake. and with that abrasive side, its gonna be next to impossible to get out.

best news is, i still have that junk ls1 intake layin around my parents garage up in dallas. i'll have my brother see if there is a fitting in the bottom of mine. pm me, i might be able to get it out for you.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think that piece in the back comes out. It wobbles some, but doesn't come out.

Quick Reply: How to remove hose fittings on back of intake manifold?