Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this noise? Download MPG

Old 07-28-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is this noise? Download MPG

Movie With Sound of Camaro Noise

This is my friends Camaro, any guesses as to what that noise is?

Thanks!

-Brent
Old 07-28-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be many things. Loose heat sheild, loose cutout butterfly blade, loose exhaust hanger, bolt, or really bad rasp.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Default THX T1Blackout

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Could be many things. Loose heat sheild, loose cutout butterfly blade, loose exhaust hanger, bolt, or really bad rasp.
Ok...T1Blkout is hosting my movie for me of what im ashamed to say is my car! I've put tons of pressure (lifting, holding, prying, etc) on the exaust thinking its some clip rattleing or something loose but it does't do any good?? The sound, sounds like it's coming from directly within the cutout tube at the end of the I-pipe b4 the cutout?? Anyway any ideas would be greatly appreciated! THX!
Old 07-28-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it have cats on it?

Dope
Old 07-28-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine kinda made that sound when I had the cutout and Flowmaster. Thats just the sound it makes, from the exhaust gasses. Again check the cutout to make sure the blade isnt loose.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Mine kinda made that sound when I had the cutout and Flowmaster. Thats just the sound it makes, from the exhaust gasses. Again check the cutout to make sure the blade isnt loose.
When i took this movie I had already taken the cut out off. So it can't be the valve flap. But it sounds like it's coming from right behind when the valve flap would be? Yes i do have CAT's. THX!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Also i forgot to ask how can this have anything to do with the Flowmaster when the sound is coming long b4 the CatBack? THX
Old 07-29-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vertigo
Also i forgot to ask how can this have anything to do with the Flowmaster when the sound is coming long b4 the CatBack? THX
In all honesty, I just think thats how it sounds. I have a vid of my old Flowmaster. Its a really shitty vid but you can hear that rattling/raspy noise when the motor is slowing down. It is also without the cutout.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have that same sound in my car!I pulled,pried and tighted everything I could find but I really think it's one or both of my cats. I have stock exhaust except for a pos flowmaster muffler, no cut outs or anything. It will do it as the engine is slowing down like going from the pay window to the pick-up window at Macdonalds or something. I had it on a lift and the noise sounds like its coming from the merge of the two pipes, I thinking the honeycomb in the cats is breaking down. I saving up for duals with qtp headers, and no cats so I am not worried too much

Search this Thread