Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will this Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How will this Sound?

98 SS, Kooks LT's 1 3/4", Cats, X-pipe, 2.5" piping, MANGNAFLOW race mufflers, out the back...

I've already tried LS1sounds.com, but they dont have any of the magnaflow 'race' style sounds, I tried a search here and could'nt really find much, did a search on the net, and found a review site that says they sound great on some mazda and a honda...

Not having much luck with this one...

Anyone?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LeddySS98
98 SS, Kooks LT's 1 3/4", Cats, X-pipe, 2.5" piping, MANGNAFLOW race mufflers, out the back...
found a review site that says they sound great on some mazda and a honda...

Not having much luck with this one...
sheeeeiit....did you just say mazda and honda....in direct relation to performance to our beloved lsx platform? you know them be fighten words around here boy......

it should sound pretty wicked, magnaflows usually do. kooks are always known for great sound quality, and you can't beat an x-pipe. cats might be a little overkill, but hey at least you'll keep a little tq around.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Launching!

Fighting words huh? Well I've had my share of practice on the 50 cal. out here, so I'm ready

LS1sounds.com only has a couple magnaflow setups in the TD section with a LS1. I'm in Iraq right now, and I'm getting all my parts lined up for a nice little wellcome home... I cant find out what magnaflows race mufflers sound like... Do bullet style muffler gennerally sound similar?

TD setup with long tubes and a X pipe am I gonna have a good sound regardelss of muffler choice?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Magnaflow normally soungs good any and whichever way u use it. I think it will sound good!