Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will TSP Rumlber cat back rust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will TSP Rumlber cat back rust?

I live in Wi and unfortunatly I just smoked to deer at once with my winter vehicle. I was planning on gtting the Rumbler cat back system (meets my budget), However it its aluminized. If I am forced to drive my T/A this winter will it rust?
Old 08-02-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

anything aluminized is going to rust...its just a matter of time. but i wanna say its 16 gauge thickness...it would take roughly 3-4 years if there is tons of salt/snow/rain for it to rust all the way through. if you are really worried about it, have you tried looking for a slp loudmouth int he for sale section? you can find them for damn decent prices and they are stainless steal.

Good luck bro!
Travis
Old 08-02-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

I'm afraid LM will be too loud. I.ve already been pulled over will just the flowmaster cat-back What a joke hey. Also I have some really nice squared off tips I would like to salvage and the rumbler come without tips for 225$ I like to open her up whenever I can and LM is LOUD!!
Old 08-02-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

check the for sale section for a hooker catback. mine seems to draw much less attention that many others and i have lt's and ory pipe. quiet while cruising, quiet under light throttle, quiet idle...then you open that sone of a bitch up and BAMMM...sounds soo wicked. you can get them new for under 300 bucks. used you can find them for cheap.

have you thought about just swaping out your flowmaster muffler and putting something else like a magnaflow muffler or hooker muffler in its place?
Old 08-02-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uno99
I'm afraid LM will be too loud. I.ve already been pulled over will just the flowmaster cat-back What a joke hey. Also I have some really nice squared off tips I would like to salvage and the rumbler come without tips for 225$ I like to open her up whenever I can and LM is LOUD!!
If you get eyeballed for having a flowmaster.. then they're gonna put you in jail for either the Rumbler or Loudmouth. They're both loud.. and the Rumbler isn't much quieter than the Loudmouth..